should i buy back?

IF i did buy this back with plans to run again, i would only drop a 12v in it just because i have the engine/tranny already. the fire was only going for an hour or so, with constant water on it whole time.

i think i am just going to let it sit at the auction place and see what it goes for.
if it goes for a rediculous amount like 2,500 or something then i'll bid otherwise they can have it.

This is a TIC comment right, a 2000 degree flame on it for an hour?

I'm curious how an engine caught fire in the middle of the night.....Every car fire I have seen was during driving or at least running...fuel leak, wire short or hot exhaust. Kinda suspicious...curious to see what the investigators tell ya.

I'm curious how an engine caught fire in the middle of the night.....Every car fire I have seen was during driving or at least running...fuel leak, wire short or hot exhaust. Kinda suspicious...curious to see what the investigators tell ya.

Im with you on that one...kinda suspicious if you ask me.
Read back in his posts a while back and he had everything he owned up for sale due to hard times & lack of funds. :charger: :badidea:

Im with you on that one...kinda suspicious if you ask me.
Read back in his posts a while back and he had everything he owned up for sale due to hard times & lack of funds. :charger: :badidea:

I'm not trying to imply he did it....just saying motors don't spontaneously combust. Could be vandalism, I know construction company's get vandalized at jobsites alot too. I was thinking if it was a fraud attempt, why want to buy it back? Though, I can think of some reasons, but once again I'm not accusing anyone.

they say the wiring from the winch caused the fire.
still looking into it.

You will never get the smell out and things will always be a little wrong. Is there 4500 in it...Yes is it worth the 10 to 50 hours getting the 4500 + back out of it... probably not.

If the engine wasn't so badly burnt, It probably be a good buy, but you might get 1200 for the engine, 500-800 transmission, interior, body panels, lift, tires, axles, etc probably 6500 back out. but that is a lot of work parting it out and dealing with a bunch of low life’s (like myself) that want the parts but don't want to pay for them or at least what they are worth. just my $.02

Back