Show me your wheels

_CH_ said:
from the angle of the links do you think you could get that kit to 8" or 9" without going out of the proper geometry/adjustability range? looks like you might be able to?

Full Traction sells an 8 inch four-link kit as well.

Every part of the kit shows tremendous attention to detail, and the geometry seems spot on. Switching from my Donahoe lift to the Full Traction lift eliminated all of my bump steer issues. So, I'm thinking they've got the geometry worked out pretty well.

hotstik,

Sweet ride :Cheer:

Brad, yeah...you can adjust the FT to ~10" of lift without issue, maybe even a tad more..
If I ever got one...I'd most likely set it up close to my current height of 9-9.5".

_CH_ said:
...and do you have a longer collar on your drag link?

Yep. That's made by SuperLift. The cheesy Ford one didn't seem up to the task for what I do with my truck.

hotstik said:
Full Traction sells an 8 inch four-link kit as well.

Every part of the kit shows tremendous attention to detail, and the geometry seems spot on. Switching from my Donahoe lift to the Full Traction lift eliminated all of my bump steer issues. So, I'm thinking they've got the geometry worked out pretty well.

So, how would you compare the ride of the DR vs. the FT w/Kings?

Do you know what the rate is on the coils you are running on the Kings?

I've been tossing around the idea of doing the FT with the DR Zoo Road coilovers...... :D

20 x 12 Weld Daggers w/ 40" Toyo's

IMG_0198.JPG
[/IMG]

hotstik said:
Yep. That's made by SuperLift. The cheesy Ford one didn't seem up to the task for what I do with my truck.

what kind of problems were you having with it, and or what did the new collar help or fix? have you considered just going with a straight link since you no longer have springs to clear?

DCSpecial said:

I've been tossing around the idea of doing the FT with the DR Zoo Road coilovers...... :D

x2:pop:

_CH_ said:
what kind of problems were you having with it, and or what did the new collar help or fix? have you considered just going with a straight link since you no longer have springs to clear?

Or....something like this (minus the stabs since he has hydro assist):

29407.jpg

DCSpecial said:

The King coils are 3.18.500 k6.

Off-Road there is no comparison. My old Donahoe 4.5" lift with Bilstein 7100's would rattle your teeth out and wrap your kidney's around your neck on the big hits. The FT setup in contrast works beautiful and soaks up the bumps really well.

On the highway, it also works very well, but haven't taken time yet to tune the rear for a balanced ride. It's a weird feeling, because you don't know those stupid expansion joints are there until they hit the rear. I either need to go down on the nitrogen pressure in the rear shocks or have them revalved. It works great right now, but I want it perfect. When I get some time, I will get it fine tuned.

Have you thought about linking the rear with coilovers as well?

Now, that would be PIMP.....a nice, low, useable truck that's on coilovers all the way around :D

_CH_ said:
With the stock adjusting collar, the drag link was only threaded in a couple threads on each side. To me that was unacceptable. As such, I went for the beefy adjuster collar.

Right now the steering on my truck works fantastic, and I have no intention of changing anything. It's got a PSC ram assist kit, with an ORU hydraulic ram, a VanCo ported hydroboost unit, and a custom relocated trac bar.

Photos:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2055754480073017518oHmAYv
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2568670470073017518tNYBvp

DCSpecial said:
Have you thought about linking the rear with coilovers as well?

Now, that would be PIMP.....a nice, low, useable truck that's on coilovers all the way around :D

Yep! That will eventually happen. However, I think it will have to be a full custom build. Right now I'm focusing on getting the new engine and turbos done. So, the rear suspension is on the back burner.

I'd like to eventually possibly do the same (assuming that I still have my 2001)......Full Traction up front and custom in the rear.

Helo Max 8's on my truck, 20x10's and 325/65/20 nittos(truck got used as a nice big rolling trash can while it's been down)

Helo Max 8's on my friends truck in black, 20x10's as well with 305/55/20 nittos.

Attachments

• washjob.JPG
    washjob.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 46
  • MikeG's.JPG
    MikeG's.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Lucky Jeff said:
Helo Max 8's on my truck, 20x10's and 325/65/20 nittos(truck got used as a nice big rolling trash can while it's been down)

Helo Max 8's on my friends truck in black, 20x10's as well with 305/55/20 nittos.

Here you go, some Rockstars for ya!

17015.jpg

Hey Colin theres some 18" black rockstars in CS now on a white 06 dodge. Thursday night, 6pm at Sams Parking lot if you want to see them.