Sidewinder Type D Update thread.

you should read the excused as to why the "rails are faster" on their website.

Never mind the fact that a powerstoke now holds the fastest land speed record, Banks can't be bothered to update their pages to at least say "At between 2003 and 2007 we held the land speed records for a diesel truck, now this ford does, congrats!"

I wonder at what point you can call slander or false advertising when something like the land speed record you "HAD" is broken and you fail to changes your ever so dynamic marking material called your website?

Congrats to the Sidewinder Type D Team on their performance thus far in Las Vegas. Very impressive. Hopefully we can see some match races next year between the Type D and the Dr. Performance trucks????

dr.p is definitely making a lot more power than that alcohol powered banks truck.

I'm gonna say they did do it with diesel and not alcohol. They cranked the truck up for my buddy who's been racing for some time and I'm sure he would've noticed the difference in smell between diesel and alcohol. In fact, iirc he even said you can smell the diesel but there's still no smoke.

Am i the only one getting fed up with this ****? Seriously, they have the time to get on here and post "records" but not enough time to respond to questions about thier ethics and statements.

This is just like typical banks tech support, beat around the bush forever, that is if you can even get them on the phone.

And i have run and bought banks products and delt with their support many times. So dont claim i am a typical hater.

JRich said:
Congrats to the Sidewinder Type D Team on their performance thus far in Las Vegas. Very impressive. Hopefully we can see some match races next year between the Type D and the Dr. Performance trucks????
and hopefully a couple of others :bang

:
imelmo said:
.....and it starts already. I was told the Dr.P truck ran its 8.39 @169mph.:poke:

Once again, this is why I will never buy another Banks product.

Well, I was wrong. Guess my buddy who said Dr.P went 169mph must have had the prescription run out on his glasses. :p For that I apologize and congrats to you.

Would still like to see a response to my other post though, the one about the Banks truck claiming to be the quickest and fastest truck at bandimere, and none of the competition showing up.:poke:

This is in no way meant to diminish the accomplishment of the Type D and crew but something puzzles me . . . Last night at the track, I watched a guy race an identical truck to mine and he ran low 10's in the 1/8th mile all night. He was packed full of Banks Power parts (Exhaust, Intake Elbow, etc.) including a Banks tuner of some kind. I ran 8.9X's all night. What gives here? Are all the good parts and tuning kept secret for projects like the Type D? I mean, if Banks can best what I'm currently running I'd look seriously at buying their product but over a second slower? :confused:

Lucky Jeff said:
and hopefully a couple of others :bang

dont mean to get off subject, but what ever happened to that maroon dakota that was in one of the mags this summer, i thinkits owned by the same guy who has the white 2nd gen dodge with piers logos on it

Burner,
Videos were taken, I would imagine they will be up sometime today.

Inline6359,
If you will PM me, I would be happy to get in touch with you and address any issues that you may have to the best of my ability.

PT

inline6359 said:
Am i the only one getting fed up with this ****? Seriously, they have the time to get on here and post "records" but not enough time to respond to questions about thier ethics and statements.

This is just like typical banks tech support, beat around the bush forever, that is if you can even get them on the phone.

And i have run and bought banks products and delt with their support many times. So dont claim i am a typical hater.
-------------------------------------------------
inline6359:

No Sir, your NOT the only one here that feels the way you do. I am not and never will be any fan of GBE!! There are alot of reasons for that and it goes alot further than racing, more to what you have already listed as "questions
about their ethics and statements." For obvious reasons, I will leave it at that.

I will be VERY curious to see what happens early next year when a few new diesel tube chassis trucks debut, such as Bill Fletcher's, Darren Morrisons, the black "Dirty Max Duramax" Powered Truck, Keating Shelly to name a few and yes, the "Dr. Performance Drag Truck!" You can bet that Charlie Stewart and his crew will be doing some more "tuning" and modifications. They and Greg were still the FIRST to go the fastest in a truck like that, NOT Banks! And what I wonder is; "Will GBE actually bring that Type-D Drag Truck out to race some of these competitiors at the many DHRA/NHRDA events or sit around in Azusa and tell everyone how great they are!!:hehe: Oh and BTW,........while that 8.22 is a great time, what happened to those "low 7's" that we all heard that truck was going to run????

---------
John_P

So tell me, is this truck running on straight diesel? What type of fuel is it running on? Maybe PeterT can clarify this?

DennisM said:
So tell me, is this truck running on straight diesel? What type of fuel is it running on? Maybe PeterT can clarify this?

I believe it is 100% #2 ULSD with a shot of NOS.

PeterT said:
Burner,
Videos were taken, I would imagine they will be up sometime today.

Inline6359,
If you will PM me, I would be happy to get in touch with you and address any issues that you may have to the best of my ability.

PT
-------------
Inline6359:

Good luck with talking to Peter!! I talked to him by phone about two years ago after he was "hunting me down" after I made some statements he and GBE didn't like over on TDR. That conversation totally failed to answer ANY of the questions I had and it got down to "corporate policy/I have to back my boss" type answers. IMHO, Peter never really saw my side of things and I surely don't see his. But,...I will say one thing about him, he is darn loyal to his boss Old Gale!

If you do call him please let us know how the conversation goes.

--------
John_P

Thanks Billetgarage, but I would prefer the source to clarify this. There is no mention on their website what fuel they are running. The fact they are running so clean during loading is unbelievable. Congrats on the times!

JasonCzerak said:
you should read the excused as to why the "rails are faster" on their website.

Never mind the fact that a powerstoke now holds the fastest land speed record, Banks can't be bothered to update their pages to at least say "At between 2003 and 2007 we held the land speed records for a diesel truck, now this ford does, congrats!"

I wonder at what point you can call slander or false advertising when something like the land speed record you "HAD" is broken and you fail to changes your ever so dynamic marking material called your website?
------------------
Well said Jason!!!:rockwoot:

They also don't say much about this video link either:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-bN0-Lba2zE

I wonder if they want to come back to the "ATS Truckfest" in 2008 and take another shot at Bentz's Dragster???? Oh I know what everyone is thinking,....
come on John_P that is NOT a fair race,.......a truck against a dragster!"
Well FWIW,.....back in 2003 when the Banks LSR truck ran the Bentz Dragster it was THEIR OWN CREW that looked me in the eye and said; "We will beat that Bentz Dragster today." And some more "food for thought" our own MADDOG (Richard Madsen) asked Old Gale Banks if they would drag race his FUMMINS Pickup and there was some excuse brought up not to do that too. If you don't believe me, you can ask Richard.

---------
John_P

DennisM,
The Type-D is running on pump #2 ULSD with nitrous, no other fuels are used.

PT

Im glad to see Common rail technology in a drag racing situation. It has been in the street driven trucks for years now and only a handful of people are using it.

The Cummins CR can be just as competitve IF someone would get out there and try.

The Banks engine is currently running a single CP3!

Back