Silver bullet and dragonflys

2deerwhistlers

Anyone have experience with a silver bullet 66 and the 150 hp dragonfly injectors? I've got a 96 12v I'm running the silver bullet, 370s, 4k gsk, #8 plate, timing at 18.5, and scheid laser cut DVs...right now this truck absolutely rips... Just hoping when I get dragonflys later this week it'll help my cold start
and cut down on some smoke... What's the comparison of a dragonfly to a 370?

Thanks
Jess

Dragonfly's are 5x.014's I think... could very well be wrong on that. Idle smoke should go down with the new injectors but WOT will be about the same. Should have some more go as well.

Nice! Yeah I think they are 5x.014... Looking to make some sub 13 second passes when the track opens in a couple weeks...

7x.012's are about the same fueling as 5x.014's. Just throwing that out there if you are looking for less smoke.

Last edited:
How bout a guesstimate on e.t. For this truck?... assuming I get good traction... And all shifts are correct timing as well as lock up..

200 shot of nitrous oughta do the trick! Haha

But seriously there is no way to estimate that kinda thing.

Well I'm still waiting on my new injectors but I tried a 4wd launch for the first time and it takes off like a rocket... Broke the passenger side axle u joint too

Well I'm still waiting on my new injectors but I tried a 4wd launch for the first time and it takes off like a rocket... Broke the passenger side axle u joint too

lol for the first time?! You should have done it stock so you had a compassion. How much boost were you at?

And your u-joint bust have been bad prior because mine take it no problem and I am on 37's. Oh well, takes a hour at most to swap one of those.

I swapped it last night... Gonna do the driver side tonight... It had 4wd issues until the other day when I swapped the transfercase... Yes this is a northeast truck with 200,000 miles.. That ujoint was hurting just not crying yet ... Haha... I don't know what my boost was at... I've got no gauges but I would say somewhere between 10 and 15 psi

I hear ya. My truck is a 97, born and raised in Michigan. Had it up in the UP for about 5 years as well. 278000 on it right now and I have had to swap the axle joints twice. Also, I boost launch at about 20psi on my hx35. I bet you were a bit higher than that. I cant believe you dont have any gauges though. Go get some!

I've got it down to sound and smoke... Say what you will, but I don't think it's that hard to figure out... And what percentage of racers or pullers let out ?

Trying to tune a truck without a boost gauge is retarded. And towing without an EGT gauge falls in that category as well.