Silver Bullet bit the dust now need adive build custom turbo

jjrightmire1973

My II silver 62 S300 bit the dust last week after a rebuild, now the turbo shop wants to build any turbo I want using a new center section/cartridge. The turbo was a 2nd gen style II 62/74/14. I wanna keep the 14 and 74 but The shop told me I could get a 2.6 style or 64 CM or whatever I want. A 66mm is a little too big for sled pulling in the 2.6 class I was told, but not so sure how it would drive on the street. The truck is a 6 speed and I mostly daily drive it and I am looking for decent spool up and every now and again a dyno or sled pull it. I am going to tell them in the morning. thanks

I have been daily driving a Silver 66 for 4 years now. It was a little annoying at first but with a combination of parts and tuning I got it to the point were there is virtually now lag anymore.

I've sled pulled with it, drag raced it, and towed with it. All I did to make it work better was add a BD intercooler, Exhaust manifold and my truck is an 03 common rail so I updated my Smarty to the Revo TNT firmware and that stacked with the Edge Juice with attitude makes it spool quick.

It might be a little harder to make it spool on a second gen since you only have half the intercooler and limited tuning but I'm sure you can figure it out. Are you running a cam yet?

A 66 on a 2nd Gen and a 66 on a CR are two different things. I would stick with a 64. The CR's, because of a number of things, will make spooling of the 66 much more manageable than VP truck.

The truck is a CR 2003 with lots of mods, I could really spool that little 62/74/14. The trubo is off of a 2nd gen style with custom intercooler piping. I went ahead and had them build me a 64/74/14 and the shop told me it would be good for at least 700 rwhp

arson III, II dual feed line, smarty tnt. Dr.performance chip, airdog 150, afe manifold, studs, springs, s and b intake, 5" exhaust. ATS manifold ceramic coated. Mild port job on exhaust side of head. Canister delete. Devils own stage 2 water meth. I think thats about it.

I think I am in the area of 600 rwhp or so right now, last dyno run was with 3 bad injectors and a lot less parts and I made 475 rwhp and 972 torque