Silver Bullet Tuning makes 625hp smoke free.

2007 5.9

West Coast Dyno Modifier
Here is a graph from a customers truck last night on our DynoJet dyno.

Customers current set up is as follows.

2006 Mega auto
St. Joseph Diesel 50hp nozzles
Air Dog 150
Stock Cp3 with Arson III
Hamilton 181/210 cam with springs
Borg-Warner S363
Left Coast Diesel/ATO built transmission

Customer was previously running a Garrett Stg 3 turbo with a popular box tuner as programming. Customer had complaints of excessive EGT's, smoke, and rattle.
Horsepower best with that setup was a 1600*EGT 575hp.

Customer contacted me about EFI Live tuning, at that time I was still in the beginning stages of tuning and still feeling the process out. Customer (Kevin) decided that he would like to be part of my testing process and was ready to begin.

We started our tuning endevour with his Garrett still on and functioning. I began with making the truck clean and smooth to drive. Once driving characteristics were set up correctly we looked for more SOP power. We were able to squeeze a small amount of SOP power from that set-up, but upon myself getting in the vehicle and driving it. I determined that the poor little Garrett could not safely support the fueling.

Kevin decided to make a turbo swap and shoot for 600hp smoke free. We settled on the BW S363 for its quick spooling and LDP 68mm exhaust wheel and the compressor map flowing enough air to SAFELY support 600hp.

Kevin has had the BW on for approx 1 week and was thrilled with the added power and pulling this turbo presented over the Garrett. EGT's were 1500* but now by 110mph and not the 80mph with the Garrett.

Kevin and I decided that it was time to put it on the rollers and see what we could squeeze from his set-up. Remember the goal when this all started was a "Clean 600hp".

Loaded the truck on the dyno, first pull out of the gate was 602hp. After studying logs I was able to massage another 20hp from the set-up until we had reached the fueling limits of the Cp3. We were able to hold a 3100uS PW but a bump to 3300uS proved to be too much. Once a duration limit had been found I upped the timing 3* to see if we were saturated as well. Truck picked up 4hp with 3* of timing but carried power out slightly better. Lastly I tried to add some pressure (mind you I work only within stock pressure unless deemed necessary) and unfortunatly like with adding more duration, adding pressure proved to be a loss as well. I was commanding 180Mpa at 2400rpm@140mm3 and the pump was only able to achieve 163Mpa.

So after 8 or so runs we went from a 602 clean tune to a 625hp clean tune that was maximizing every aspect of the air/fueling system. Smoke at WOT is a light gray haze.

Blue line is beginning timing
Green is 3* added.

You can see from 105mph to 115mph that the 3* made the power hold on longer but did nothing for peak power.

img006.jpg

I was commanding 180Mpa at 2400rpm@140mm3 and the pump was only able to achieve 163Mpa.

that sounds about right because IIRC when we started with mine (same pump and Kit) we couldnt get more than 156Mpa out of it. and my pump has 150k on it and 90k on shanes kit.

Its so exciting to see the power were getting out of what i consider basic add ons. I mean think about it, 50 nozzles, a descent single and fuel behind it!:pop:

how much power are people getting out of the hamilton on average? id like to see a similar setup with stock internals and possibly 80 sticks. should be enough air to cool that.

great job guys! as soon as my big pump gets shipped i cant wait to throw some more Mpa at it after the install!

how much power are people getting out of the hamilton on average? id like to see a similar setup with stock internals and possibly 80 sticks. should be enough air to cool that.

great job guys! as soon as my big pump gets shipped i cant wait to throw some more Mpa at it after the install!

When I dynoed my truck going from stock to my 181/210, I saw 30hp peak but at 2000rpms I saw 90hp and 210lb/ft of torque.

good to know because your set up isnt too far from mine...

I just want to say thanks to Les and Jason, its been a fun ride, truck is great, no problem merging on the freeway thats for sure, with only a grey trail behind. All I can say is give your tuner a clear path of where your headed and let them work, give them good feed back, the end results will be impresive, thanks again, Kevin

I just want to say thanks to Les and Jason, its been a fun ride, truck is great, no problem merging on the freeway thats for sure, with only a grey trail behind. All I can say is give your tuner a clear path of where your headed and let them work, give them good feed back, the end results will be impresive, thanks again, Kevin

it was our pleasure, kevin. have fun with the truck.

jason
sbt/lcd

Good job. I'm tuning a truck now similar stock injectors though and I'm at s wallvon it it has stock injectors and lift pump though. Arson kit and a 72mm lol

Lol! Pretty bad if a 63.5mm Stage 3 little Garrett can't support 50hp nozzles...

40psi and could/would not clean up the same fueling the 63mm BW cleaned up with ease!!!

Truck is a night/day difference between the two.

BW flows 15 lb/min more than the garrett

Hello everyone. New here, but not on CF. I have been pm'ing Kevin on the CF, and talking about this turbo. I'm interested in one. From what i understand its a non gated turbo, and the boost lab said they couldnt give me a map for it..?? What psi you guys push out of it? Curious if your running an external or auxillary gate or something? I got a good price from them, although it was actually more money for the t3 than the t4, but i'm just wanting a strong 500hp, so im thinking im ok with a t3 setup. They said the a/r went from a .88=t4, to a .70 t3, but said it still support 550. Thankyou for any advaice here. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply, and no i havent yet. I am trying to do all my homework and spend money once. I called them, and thats what they had said. But i see you found it thanks! Do you think i could get away with their 63/68/.70a/r? I think thats what i was told was the size of their t3 setup. I have a t3 ats mani, and am not looking for huge power, but a nice strong 500. Any advice? Will the turbo come with all oil fittings i need as well or is it some kit they may sell. Thanks again so much.:woohoo:

Thanks for the reply, and no i havent yet. I am trying to do all my homework and spend money once. I called them, and thats what they had said. But i see you found it thanks! Do you think i could get away with their 63/68/.70a/r? I think thats what i was told was the size of their t3 setup. I have a t3 ats mani, and am not looking for huge power, but a nice strong 500. Any advice? Will the turbo come with all oil fittings i need as well or is it some kit they may sell. Thanks again so much.:woohoo:

+1. I'm on the same path.