single battery options

99Binder

Hey I want to run a single battery whats the best options or options. thanks for your help.

Check out the Odyssey PC-1750

2 Batteries in 1

Odyssey batteries combine in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.

Military Grade

Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.

Superior cranking and fast charge capability

The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40°C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.

Specs:

Length 12 in.
Width 7 3/8 in.
Height 7 5/8 in.
Drycell Battery
12 Volt
65 Ah @ 10hr rate
875 CCA (0° F for 30 Seconds)
1175 MCA (32° F for 30 Seconds)
1325 HCA (80° F for 30 Seconds)
1700 PHCA (80° F for 5 Seconds)
142 Minute Reserve Capacity
Cycle life @ 77°F 400 at 100% DOD
-40°F to 140°F Temperature Range
With SAE Automotive Terminals
Made in the USA
Direct Replacement for BCI Group 65 Battery
Features:

3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
Explosion proof
Corrosion proof
2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
Spill and leak proof
Superior vibration resistance
Fully Charged out of the box
When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77°F
May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
2 Year Full Powersports Warranty
Made in the USA

Nice battery above! But do you have to Take out a second mortgage! Optima batteries are good and come in various styles check them out too!

We went from 2 batteries to one Optima on both our drag truck and puller. The one optima starts them both better than the two batteries ever did. We use the biggest red top.

I run a big Cheap Deka and it works great. Was around $90 or so if memory serves. Around 1100 CCA

Not familiar with 3rd gen mounting options though (my truck is a 97 12v)

We went from 2 batteries to one Optima on both our drag truck and puller. The one optima starts them both better than the two batteries ever did. We use the biggest red top.

yes sir, i ran a single for a while on my 12v.

We are running the smaller red top out of a liberty crd in the drag truck. It is mounted in the bed and still works great.

ha i am still running my factory single battery truck starts fine even in 5 degree weather

We run one optima red top in one of our pullers, the CCA's are around 850-900 and it starts as good if not better than the two stock ones. I can even see one stock battery doing the job just fine.

i ran One Exide 800 950 and it was just not enough by the end of the season we had to have it on the charger before every pull. Thanks for the help guys.

Check out the Odyssey PC-1750

That battery is the same size as stock, and a GREAT battery. I have 2 of them in my truck, well the Sears painted ones. The Sears Platinum's are Odyssey's re-badged, and much cheaper.

The PC-1750 or P2's offer 930 CCA's vs 750 CCA's on the OEMs, so 24% more power and it's very noticeable on a cold day.

I don't think I would that size as a singe as its only 62% of stock cranking power, but the PC-2150 is a group 31 equivalent (what was stock on 89-93's as a single) and offers 77% of OEM CCA's.

a really quick search on those xs power batteries is really impressive. are many guys running these? They have a 5000 amp battery for roughly $350?? wow. Lots of other options. Is this good for a DD? I don't know much about batteries. But I'd like to get rid of the passenger side battery in my CR to make room for twins and just to clean stuff up a bit. Engine bay is ugly in these trucks.

XS Power (D3100) Power Cell 5000 Amps

take off the ground running from the passenger side battery that goes to the block.

take the charge wire that runs from the alternator and wire it to the drivers side battery.

get a decent battery (I have a Optima) and it starts fine

a really quick search on those xs power batteries is really impressive. are many guys running these? They have a 5000 amp battery for roughly $350?? wow. Lots of other options. Is this good for a DD? I don't know much about batteries. But I'd like to get rid of the passenger side battery in my CR to make room for twins and just to clean stuff up a bit. Engine bay is ugly in these trucks.

XS Power (D3100) Power Cell 5000 Amps

They are like everything else for our trucks...performance cost money....and these arent cheap.....so not alot of people run them....

...will the other batteries that people are recommending work...sure..but will they work as good?....doubtful