single disc limits

Joe6

Hey guys, I had my trans rebuilt last spring with extra kevlar clutches and kolene steals yadda yadda.. I also had a custom VB installed and a DTT single disc. I only planned for about 300-350hp but now I've been bit by the power bug and am craving more. Right now I have a raptor 150, big line kit, afe intake. 4" stainless exhaust, hybrid hx35/40, and a quadzilla adrenaline w/pulse. I'm planning on throwing an s475 under the hybrid and running a set of cpp200's from jamie. Looking for around 550hp at the wheels. My question is when I have the trans pulled again to do the billet input and flexplate, should I change out the converter? I was considering doing a goerand tripple but I really don't want to spend another 1300. I was wondering if I could get away with a single disc from phil @ garmons for 750? I don't do boosted launches, don't hook sleds, and only tow a max of about 15k twice a year. This is a DD'r and light to light racer.. lol I also don't want to pull this trans again for a long time! Thanks for the help:Cheer:

ps. the dtt single is coming out regardless becuase I don't like the high stall it is set at.

highly recommend the triple, the single disc converters we buy are only good for 500ft lbs of torque so they say

I've been bit by the power bug and am craving more.

I don't do boosted launches, don't hook sleds,
:bs:
these two statements contradict each other :lolly:

if you are power hungry, you will soon find your fix with 4x4 launches, hooking to the sled, and drag racing.

get a triple disk:woohoo:

I do launch in 4x4 but I usually just bring up the revs and when it starts building boost I take off... I guess it is somewhat of a boosted launch.. lol So looks like the triple disc is going to be in my future. Might as well spend a little extra now.....Thanks guys