single turbo vp thought

bleedcummins

Hey guys, was just thinking about turbos today and tried to search for my question but didn't have any luck.
Been seeing a lot of people are loving the 369 sxe, the few guys I've seen with it on vp trucks like them and one claims his spools very close to his old special. The 69 flows a lot of air and leaves room to grow, but if your running an sovp, wouldn't the 366sxe also be a great option, if not a better option? "Should" spool quicker than the 69, should spool quicker than old cast 66 with the clipped tw, and claims to outflow the old cast 66. Am I wrong or missing something?

What are you planning on doing with it? Altitude? I ran a 66/71/13 on mine with 7x.014's and a drag comp and it was a hot smoky pig but I live at 3000 ft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

These 369 threads are getting outta hand... even more so everyone thinking they are gonna solve VP hp problems with this turbo.
If it's a street truck, your still missing out on power because of the lag.
What's your setup as of now?

These 369 threads are getting outta hand... even more so everyone thinking they are gonna solve VP hp problems with this turbo.
If it's a street truck, your still missing out on power because of the lag.
What's your setup as of now?

But it's the newest bestest turbo on the market! All the turbo shops and vp swingers say so!

From his sig, 2002 2500 4x4 drag comp, 6x.013, s357/s475, DTT, 12.48@109.38. I haven't seen the s369 run any faster than any other turbo in it's power range on a vp truck. Actually know someone that went slower with the "new" edge box and the s369. :hehe:

So according to his sig, he has twins but asking about a single 69?

My 63 is too slow. I Had a silver bullet. Real slow. 69 is gonna be undrivable. But I guess it's yer sense of driveability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying I want to change to a large single, I live at 3600ft. I was just pondering why guys are skipping over the 66 for a 69. I haven't been keeping up lately on what's going on in the vp world and thought maybe I missed something

I went through this when the 467.7 came out, LOL. I'm in Texas with a SWB 2wd truck, so it wasn't terrible, but no way I'd go back. Like they said, What are your plans? You already have twins that probably spool quick. If you still want a nice street setup, upgrade your turbos to something like 363/475.

The exducer is the same on the 369 vs the 366. That being said most people say the extra flow compensates for the minimal extra weight caused by the 3mm bigger inducer. Most guys have found it is not the be all end all of the single charger world some proclaimed it would be. Look up the PDD turbo testing videos. It did make more peak hp but the 362 made way more usable hp.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

I spoke with Will at pdd and Weston before I got my 64.5 and both of them actually steered me away from the 66sxe. Both had similar reasons saying if you're goin to deal with the lag from the 66 you might as well go to the 69 and if you want better spool go with the 62 or 64.5. I was pretty set on a 69 until Weston got me this 64.5. It does all a vp truck needs to do. Since we can't turn much rpm's it's better to have something to spool quicker and stay in the power range rather than a turbo that only gives you 700-800rpm of good power

The 64.5 is a good setup for the VP trucks I feel.

It really is. I daily drive mine to work no problems at all. And so far I've been a 7.99 around 90mph at the track still leaving a little easy. In my opinion it'll do all a vp44 can throw at it. Even with 6x.013's and a drag comp it still cleans up pretty nice at full boost

Got a close friend that has a decent setup and can still tow with a 5 speed.
7x.010
Edge juice
It's pretty peppy for run of the mill bolt on VP truck. Especially in our area.

If memory serves me right, he went with the 73. I've drove it very little. Rode in it or been in the convoy more lol

It really is. I daily drive mine to work no problems at all. And so far I've been a 7.99 around 90mph at the track still leaving a little easy. In my opinion it'll do all a vp44 can throw at it. Even with 6x.013's and a drag comp it still cleans up pretty nice at full boost

Where did u buy ur charger at? Looking for a similar set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk