single wheel for a dually

b earp

twin turbo cummins
anyone running a single wheel and drag radial on there dually or know were i can get some wide 15'' 8 lug wheels

I have been on my 05 for a few years now. Watch craigslist for some wide 15's. I see them alot in my area on there.

15's??? Pics -must demand how you get em over the drum without rubbing?

I dont run 15 inch rims on my dually axle....just some 17's right now but a few weeks ago I changed tires out and slipped a 16x10 wheel on the back and it didnt get anywhere near my rotors. 15's will work though without clearance issues I believe. I cant get the rear full center caps to fit though so I use split 2 piece ones and it makes easier for axle shaft swaps as well.

Last edited:
picture.php

picture.php

i found 10'' wide wheels 15'' 8 lug but thats as wide as they have

Mickey Thompson Classic II is what I had on my dually they are 16x12 and fit just about perfect. Scott aka School Bus has the truck now and still running them combined with caltracs. Just got the truck into the 10s so id say it hooks just fine.

Mickey Thompson Classic II is what I had on my dually they are 16x12 and fit just about perfect. Scott aka School Bus has the truck now and still running them combined with caltracs. Just got the truck into the 10s so id say it hooks just fine.

What tires are he running do u know?

you guys that are running 15" wheels on 3rd gens, could we get some pics?

Last edited:
you guys that are running 15" wheels on 3rd gens, could we get some pics?

Dont see it happening on a 3rd gen with disk brakes. 2nd gen with drums yes b/c you can have the cooling fins on the drums machined down enough. I guess you could find a rediculously incorrect offset wheel to run and clear but that just looks like dog crap imo.