Site speed...

Bobo

Seems things are getting a little slow on this site. Is it just me? I'd hope if it is becoming a problem, it gets fixed soon. I seem to click and wait for threads to open, to make posts...heck...this new thread took a minute to open up. Any idea why?

High Traffic rates seem to be taking there toll. Although as of now I haven't noticed a great slow down on Site speed.

OK I've made a few changes to the system and have a few more in store. Let me know if that is any better?

I have a few more things I'm going to try later tody or this week.

I think alot of it despends on the ISP(Internet Service Provider) Some do some very strang routing and it tends to go the long way around to get to our server.

Let me know if your having anymore trouble and we can run a test or two.

Bobo, try a speed test site like www.speedtest.net and see what your download speeds are. It may be your connection and not the Comp D server. There is also a speedtest thread on here that you can compare your results to others that use the site.

Also, if you are using a cable modem that shares bandwidth with others in your area, the more that log on, the more your connection will suffer. I don't think DSL is affected as bad by others. Wideopen can correct me if I'm wrong since I think he is in the business.

You are correct Jory with Cable or DSL you share bandwidth with several other users, at times your service will slow down.

Also here is something to try . It's called a Trace Route

1: Click your start button.
2: Run
3: make sure it has cmd in the blank click OK
4: A new screen will open and the end of the command promt type in this code tracert www.competitiondiesel.com
5: Copy the results and PM them to me.

This will give me the route that your system takes to get to our server I can look at it and see if it is getting hung up through the routing or what not.

wideopen...trace sent.

Speed test was interesting.

Any connection on the northern west coast = ~250kb/s
CA= ~1.0mb/s
FL= ~600kb/s
NY=~2.8mb/s
D.C.=....won't connect..ping and no speed
MD=2.2mb/s
ky=1.3mb/s to hopkinsville...3.9mb/s to owensboro

Why are some so damn slow? Testing from Madison, WI-Chicago, IL area.

Try checking the timeouts on the connections to the database or the number of max connections. Then you can also check to see the cookie timeouts for logged in users if the server thinks they are still there needs to know when to drop them off