Six speed in 12valve

My cousin has a 98 12V with a NV5600 in it... I know of several guys tat have done it.

ive heard the nv4500 is better than the nv5600 because you cant find parts for the 6 speed

ive heard the nv4500 is better than the nv5600 because you cant find parts for the 6 speed

That is true, you can build a 4500 to be as strong... its then easier to find parts if it breaks too... Plus it will probably shift alot smoother also. Only downside is the 5600 gives you a better gear selection to work with.

six speed

Sorry for not being specific, a buddy of mine bought a 95 automatic and has a 01 6 speed. We swaped transmissions and can not put into gear, my question is why, is the rear housing different? Tmoney yes this is jacob, who am i talk to.

im thinkin about doin this also, but 2 of my buddies have 6speeds and there soo slow! they are tached out at like 80 so i dont think i wanna do that?

im thinkin about doin this also, but 2 of my buddies have 6speeds and there soo slow! they are tached out at like 80 so i dont think i wanna do that?

WTF?:what: The six speed won't have you 'tached out' at 80, your rearend gear ratio will.

yeah thats what i thought but one has 3.50 and the other 3.73. and the 3.73 truck has 38's on it and there are fuel burning machines on the interstate...almost as bad as a powerstroke lol :hehe:

I dont know about 6 speed trans making a truck slow, the ratio is almost the same. Maybe your friends need more power?

they both have edge boxes and exhaust and intake. the automatics final gear ratio has to be higher...

yeah thats what i thought but one has 3.50 and the other 3.73. and the 3.73 truck has 38's on it and there are fuel burning machines on the interstate...almost as bad as a powerstroke lol :hehe:

Even if he's running in 5th, or direct drive, gear, those tires with that rearend puts him at 2700 rpm. So again, I'm missing quite a bit on this one.

I dont know about 6 speed trans making a truck slow, the ratio is almost the same. Maybe your friends need more power?

The G56 has 2 different overdrive ratios I believe. One makes a truck with 3.73s act like it's going down the highway with 4.10s. The other one is a better ratio. From what I remember, the NV5600 and NV4500 have the same overdrive ratio.

theres no way my 6 spd truck has 3.55 gears and i can bury the speed ometer. if they are fuel hogs with those tires i suggest you put lower gears in them and you will get back a lot of the fuel milage and power.

ditto, my old 01 6 speed with 3.54 gears and 35s would hit 115 mph(uncorrected) before egts got to hot(1250) with a little of this at that. At them speeds and such the tach was of little concern.

both of these or new bodys, ones an 04' and the other a 07' i dont know if the 6sp trannys are the same from the old to the new?

Even a G56 will do more than 80.

They have other problems.

And my PSD got about the same milage as my Cummins have.

Back