Size does matter, giant wheel O' death!!

Turbos aren't free either, usually takes about 1 hp per pound of drive pressure. Blowers take about 75-100-ish hp to spin, as far as I've been able to research, so the difference really isn't all that bad.

A 62 with a large exhaust side sounds good to me. I'd be worried a little about the turbo surging, but trial and error is about the only way to control that unless you want to go to electronic wastegate controls.

What 650cc wont be enough??

LMAO!!!

Lee I gotta get this thing running and meet up with the 496 4bt lol. 4 banger DEATH MATCH!!!

You have to wait a while...the 496er blew up and a new one is in the werks, nevertheless I'd be willing to arrange something if the owner obliges. "4 banger DEATH MATCH!!!" LOL :cheer:

I remember hearing about that didnt he crack the block? or break that cam??

JQ, I completely agree most dont think of that sort of stuff though so they just go on and on about how much power the supercharger is gonna pull. I was thinking about a turbo similar to whats in your sig maybe with a 13cm housing though, this is a 4 banger after all (it just thinks its a 6 or 8 due to all the fuel and air lol)

How's the project going?? I picked up my own wheel o death a couple days ago :rockwoot:

f2-procharger.jpg

Slowly but surley.........

More pics.

Is the blower pulley 3"? You could have gone up to a larger pulley there and not had to have the lower quite so big, more so than size is belt slip. I used to run them and had problems with the 2.89 and 3" top pulleys not enough belt wrap. I ended up moving up to a 3.25" top with a 7" lower and the slip went away, just a thought if when you get up and running if belts are not lasting long. You can get those pulleys for sure up to 4" and prob. larger if needed.
Ryan

I remember hearing about that didnt he crack the block? or break that cam??

Yes. Cracked the block. And found 3 cracked pistons...

What injectors are you gonna run with that many cc's at your disposal??
This sounds like a fun thing to run!!

That sucks to hear about the block and pistons, sounds like the entire engine is trashed.

stock600, thats some good info I appreciate it. I plan to have a few blower pulleys on hand to play with. I want to be able to change my max rpm (where blower sees max rpm anyway) quickly. We will just have to see how things go.

The project is back on hold due to me working 30 days a month UGH!!

The wife is actually getting the engine pictured here, its going in her 01 jeep grand cherokee (3/4 done already).

The new build with be a slightly bigger engine still spinngin around 5000rpm, 850cc pump, 4x18 injectors, ported head, custom cam and a few other little goodies to go for some big numbers. Also the chassis for the ford has been sold a while back so I can do an all wheel drive chassis. A buddy of mine came buy and wanted the body so he took that also. I've been considering just buying a 2000-2005 chevy 2500 single cab with a bad or high mileage gasser to shorten and lower for the new engine and all wheel drive setup.I just need to get the time.

I've been way too busy at work to get much done and were currently planning our alaska trip in july, we will be taking a little over a month and driving from texas to alaska in a new sportsmobile type van.