Sled operator, or sled failure?

Poor tape, how come nobody ever tapes the sled and the truck?

Looks like they were starting with the weight box half way, no idea if it was left out of gear or something failed.

Box wasnt moving so it didnt trip the pan BUT, the sled op should had seen that and killed the truck, hit the brakes and turned off the green light and tripped the red to tell the flagger to throw the red as well. Sled op was asleep at the switch imo...

not sure what happened there but it is one of Nearpass's sleds im sure it wont happen again what ever it was they are good people

i know i would be pissed if that was me. Hope the guys is ok, cause thats one hell of a ride.

wow, something was wrong for sure with the sled. Wonder if the driver ever thought about lifting off the gas once he hit the 300' mark? Be hard to place all the blame on the sled operator when the driver kept it at full throttle till he hit the sand pile.

The driver let off.. but if the pan doesn't drop there is nothing to stop you.

I think the best part of the vid is all the dumb asses trying to get hurt with the cable pulling the truck out.

I see where he let off the gas on the video but it was way way down the track past the full pull mark before he lifted. What a shame, looks like he had some damage to the truck as well.

sled should have throwed the breaks on. just saw same thing happen this past weekend.

He had enough ground speed there was no way to stop him.....you can see the flagger wavin the red......I guess that's why you have to sign that little piece of paper first!!

the sled operator should have been able to lock the brakes, and the driver should have realized what was wrong and lifted/hit his brakes!

the sled operator should have been able to lock the brakes, and the driver should have realized what was wrong and lifted/hit his brakes!

Seen a guy once had a sled malfunction, Puller cought it.. let off and was gettin on his brakes.. sled operator didnt follow suite.. ran him over and almost rolled the truck after he jack-knifed it.... Me thinks Id rather go over the sand pile...

Lynn

Seen a guy once had a sled malfunction, Puller cought it.. let off and was gettin on his brakes.. sled operator didnt follow suite.. ran him over and almost rolled the truck after he jack-knifed it.... Me thinks Id rather go over the sand pile...

Lynn

It is SO tempting to hit the brakes, but I agree, I've never seen it turn out good.