Sled Pull Results

Kellogg, van, Calvin pro stock
Kurt, Ingram, Dillard, I think In 3.0
Smoot in 2.6

Congrats to haisleys. Won every class again

Last edited:
2nd Place Tyler Eller

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=migopkGxR7s&feature=g-all-u"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=migopkGxR7s&feature=g-all-u[/ame]

Well, did anybody else get told they couldn't pull due to not having a safety hitch? They evidently were only enforcing it on the 3.0 trucks. We pulled 3.0 last year at TS and Indy and nothing was ever said about it. Went to tech Saturday and they said we had to have one or we had to weigh in under 7600#. There was no way we could get to 7600, not with the time we had anyway.

The rule is in the PPL Rule Book under "General Rules", page 11, "Hitches and Drawbars", rule number 2, and states:

2. All vehicles are required a safety hitch. Safety hitch must be as strong as primary hitch and cannot be connected to primary drawbar.

From the looks of that ALL trucks were to have one, not just 3.0's, and it doesn't say anything dropping 200 pounds if you don't have one. There was also no notice in the "Changes for 2012" section on their website.

Just wondering if anyone else got bit?

Last edited:
PPL posted the 2012 rule changes a few months back. It's right on their website.

Carnage was good this year. Lots of bent traction bars and broken drive lines. Never seen a track as Tacky as this one was.

Still no official results posted???

Well, did anybody else get told they couldn't pull due to not having a safety hitch? They evidently were only enforcing it on the 3.0 trucks. We pulled 3.0 last year at TS and Indy and nothing was ever said about it. Went to tech Saturday and they said we had to have one or we had to weigh in under 7600#. There was no way we could get to 7600, not with the time we had anyway.

The rule is in the PPL Rule Book under "General Rules", page 11, "Hitches and Drawbars", rule number 2, and states:

From the looks of that ALL trucks were to have one, not just 3.0's, and it doesn't say anything dropping 200 pounds if you don't have one. There was also no notice in the "Changes for 2012" section on their website.

Just wondering if anyone else got bit?
PPL has had the second safty hitch rule for awhile just never pushed for in much on the trucks till now. Cause i pull with badger state pullers and we use PPL rules and they push the second hitch rule

Big papa, I don't think y'all were only ones cause wes kuselik was going around asking if anyone had a welder cause they needed a secondary hitch & didn't have one. He hooked so I'm guessing they came up with something?