SLED PULL Washington

Thanks, I had a blast out there.

DJ - thanks for putting together the events, getting sponsors, and pulling all the resources for the sled pull.

Given what you had, I think the day went awesome. There were a few glitches (like us breaking the sled), but with all hands on deck, you guys were all over it, and we were back on track.

As for the track, hey, it's hot, arid, and sunny. I'm no dirt expert (I'll be the first to admit I'm a city boy), but wasn't terrible. Some dry stuff up top, clay on the bottom (I mean, really tacky stuff...enough to get tire smoke). As the day wore through, the tacky stuff started getting rutted up, and made some good sized grooves...and as a result, started to dry out a bit too...

The funny thing was the guy in the tractor with the spreader...he just did a couple of figure 8's at the end of the track, and then parked it until the next pull...=)

But the best part was the kid driving that John Deere....he looked about as happy as happy can get! Definately working the crowd! He must've been besides himself when he got to tow the sled back fromt the end of the track.

Back