sled pulling with an '05

oh trust me it pissed me off big time i brought it up to the people in the office and they said that they didn't say that well now i found it in writting. so i will be drafting a letter and sending it to them.

bigdog33 said:
Where does it say no spring clamps? I want to know how you pick up 6 feet between pulls. What did you pull the first time Lenny?
Just messin with ya Pat!!:poke:

Both trucks looked and sounded strong. Looks like you had a great turn out for spectators too, that always makes ya feel good huh? I wish people around these parts were more interested in our hobbies. lol

yeah i had alot of people telling me i have a bad ass truck and that really made me feel good. even other guys i was running against were complimenting my truck.

SKYNYRD said:
yeah i had alot of people telling me i have a bad ass truck and that really made me feel good. even other guys i was running against were complimenting my truck.

i cant count the people who asked me what shop did all my work! i said me myself and I

I haven't hooked to a sled yet, but around Tucson a stacked diesel truck is very very unique, and I know I love getting compliments while I'm sitting in traffic, certainly is a good return on all the money we spend on these trucks. Can't wait to get a sled behind it. Got the transmission now, next are tires, headstuds, fuel, turbo, and injectors (hopefully before Oct -- Houston baby!!!).

I think its awesome that you two put on such a great show for that huge crowd and I envy you. Hopefully the interest will spread out west a little more here. Nice work guys!!

everytime i go up there for the diesel pick up shows there are at least 5,000 people in the stands!

it was awesome getting to stop in the middle of the track and get my trophy in front of everyone!

SKYNYRD said:

You do have a badass truck bro. They must have built that thing on a friday :rockwoot:

next time your around timmay, i should get an approved stamp and stamp it some where in my truck and have you sign it!!:hehe: :hehe: LOL

Hello all (my first post on here)
I was at the Buck that night to watch my first ever sled pull. I was going to pull in the stock class, but i wasn't to sure on the rules also. The rules stated no side exhaust pipes and 3in id hook for the sled. Well after being there and watching about a good hand full of trucks have side exhaust i guess next time my truck will be ok to pull since it has 5in exhaust that exits out the stock location. I now also know what i need to hook to the sled.
It was a great night and to see some of these trucks pull was increditable.
Well see you guys at the end of July for the next pickup truck sled pull at the Buck.
Oh yeah i have a Green 1999 F350 CC DRW PSD w/ some simple bolt on's
Erik

oldschoolPSD said:
My guess is they mean exhaust running down the side "lake pipe" style
That could be true, but i was thinking they wanted all exit to exit up (like stack's), so side exit exhaust didnt smoke out the spectators?
Erik

Headers and open exhaust pern1ittted. No headers thru hood or fenders will be permitted. Exhaust must
exit straight up behind and above cab or under vehicle toward the rear of vehicle. (No side exit exhaust
toward grand stands will be allowed unless factory installed.)

This is from Buck's rules. Just seems to me like my 5in exhaust wont work since the outlet of the pipe is out the side (same way the stock pipe is). But like i said since i seen many side exit exhaust the other night out there iam sure i'll be good.
Erik

i have dual exhaust that runs out boths sides the same way the stock exhaust does i think they just don't want exhaust that exits before the wheels or shoots out 90 degrees from the side of the truck.

Lenard, that truck rocks man, whats next on the list for you? pro mod.....
glad we could be a part of your success.:rockwoot:

nah staying stock class. i kinda happy where it sits for now. doing some drive shaft loops and traction bars. down the road i might go for injectors and bigger turbo or twins. but then i wouldn't be able to run stock class and going mod would mean a big step.

SKYNYRD said:
nah staying stock class. i kinda happy where it sits for now. doing some drive shaft loops and traction bars. down the road i might go for injectors and bigger turbo or twins. but then i wouldn't be able to run stock class and going mod would mean a big step.
cool,congrates anyway............:rockwoot:

yeah with out that tranny none of the power would have been making it to the ground. and if i went to Pro-mod who would be there to make sure Pat wouldn't be able to take first! lol