Slip from 3rd to 4th when cold

barry1me

I noticed twice now when the trans was shifting from 3rd to 4th that it seemed to slip. Basically it revved up a ways then went into 4th. It only did it when the trans was cold. I havent ever noticed this before. I wasnt driving the truck hard either when this happend. Any ideas

Mine does the same thing when cold. After the first couple of times through the gears it goes away

nummit said:
Mine does the same thing when cold. After the first couple of times through the gears it goes away

do you think there is anything to be concerned with?

Not sure. Mine has never been bad enough for me to worry about it. Its just a slight flare when cold.

Mine does the same. I don't worry about it too much, figured it needs to be rebuilt. I'm just going to wait till it doesn't move or slips so bad it won't drive,Then I'll get a suncoast.

I think OCCASIONALLY have this happening...when its pretty cold at and when I just start her up. Just with my tune on though...

Even when stock, we suggest you warm up the truck and bring the transmission temperature to about 160 degrees before driving for maximum performance.

That should eliminate the cold shifts.

Thanks,
Vivian