smaller than 341 on a 5.9

rcarro001

Has any one ever used somthing smaller than a hy341 as a secondary in a compound set on a 5.9?

Build boost sooner. The ring that the sleeve slides through has spun on my 451ve so I only get 40-45 psi out of it & it is not building any boost until 2000 rpm. This is the third time it has given problems. It has to come off this time to be fixed & I don't want to put it back. I think twins will be more reliable. I like to drive between 1300 to 1900 rpm around town. Probably need to put the stock cam back in too. I would like 10 psi by 1200. I think it would work good for me. I also need to note I have never ran twins so don't have much experince with them.

So you have an aftermarket cam and you want to go back to a stock one? And to a smaller turbo than 57mm comp and 9cm turbine? If anything, most aftermarket cams will net a faster spool up with your charger(s) and lower egt's. also many 60-62mm secondary and 74-76mm primary twin set ups are very fast spooling. Doubt you'll ever make 10psi at 1200rpm's cruising town. If you decide to go with a small twin set up (56mm/66mm set up) you might run out of air after 3000rpms or less.

Yea I don't think I like it. The cam that is, I have two trucks one with the cam is a 04, the other is a 04.5. I know the turbos, injectors, & pistons are different. Both have 4'' exhaust,6 speed with 3.73 gears & 4x4. one is drw & one is srw. Maybe its the third event on the injectors, I don't know but the 351 on the 04.5 spools just as fast as the 341 on the one with the cam. And it isn't the tuner, I tryed swapping it& it still won't pull as hard before the turbo light. The egt is lower on the cam engine but the stock cam engine would pull the guts out of the street cam engine before the turbos light which was right at 1550 rpm on both before I swapped turbos Injectors & tuners on the drw. But thanks for the info. I do appreciate it. I still have the 341 I pulled off & I have a gt 42 or a brand new hx55 how would those spool?

I still have the 341 I pulled off & I have a gt 42 or a brand new hx55 how would those spool?

Personally, I think a 351 over a HX55 would be as small of a setup as you would want...and really with Flux 2s, Smarty SSR, etc, that setup is going to be on the small side.

--Eric