Smarty DOWNLOAD ...??

KillerQuad

M. Tyler Moore
I can not get this thing to take a new Download... i can not seem to get this thing loaded to the computer to go onto the handheld....

My Bully Dog was a Point and click and it was on ... the smarty you have to go through the CIA just to get started...

Anyone got any hints on how to put a new program on the downloader ...

My WINDOWS XP will automatically download the USB and i cant seem to ever find it and there is NO INSTRUCTIONS on how to do this that i have found helpful ...

Thanks in advance ...

Tyler

Anyone... My computer now has the MADs orginization downloaded on to it and i can do NOTHING .... :redx:

first off, windows will not recognize it without the smart usb driver files already being installed. Once that is installed you will still need the Smarty USB downloader program.

After installing the driver file, plug the smarty in to the USB cable. Click on the USB downloader icon. Once open go up to the upper left corner and click on file. Locate the file you want to upload then click send.

If you had the bully dog USB driver/downloader files on your computer previously, you will most likely have to uninstall them first. Some guys have had problems with them interfering.

i got all of it installed and it is bugging the crap out of me.... i am on another comp that doesnt have the BD stuff loaded on it ...

When i go to get the program file from the SMARTY page for the 04-07 Mild TQ MAN. stock injectors with aftermarket turbo ... this is where everything goes wrong... i have loaded everything from the MADS page in the same file/folder....

yet, When i go to the USB Downloader Program and go to the "FILE" Pull down and go to "OPEN" there are no programs there to open ... and non of the ones that i pull off the mads Site are "SMARTY PROGRAMS" ...????

lmills said:
you get it? :D

Had a few issues... Should all be taken care of tomorrow.... I think i NUKED my Smarty .... :bang

BOB is taken care of me ... :rockwoot:

K... i wanna say thanks to BOB for getting me a new Smarty as quick as he did and made pulling my trialer SOOOOO much easier ....

But heres some nice INFO to know ...

When i put my truck back to stock i went from 15mpg driving like a granny, to 18 mpg drivng the same way ...

Now with the new Program for Stock Inj. and Aftermarket Turbo, with the smarty on level 5 and driving empty, i am at 19.6 and driving it just on the edge of twisting the tranny out from underneath my truck ... IM LUVING THIS ....

the one thing i will say is that this new program, im guessing fuels a little harder off bottom end cause just driving normal i can see a steady haze of smoke out the pipe ... and Boy will she SMOKE NOW when you lay into her ... EGTs are well within check too ... have yet to hit 1500 .... staying right around 1300+ under a HEAVY RIGHT FOOT ...

The Truck has A TON more kick in the bottom end ... the truck will almost jump now ... and like i said, im driving it just to the RAGGED EDGE of the tranny blowing up on me ...

I like it ...

But i still wanted to make sure that i THANKED BOB again for helping me out .... :thankyou2:

(BTW ... didnt make it back to Indy to run the Dyno with it ...:doh: )--- watched the end of the pulls though ... :rockwoot: