Smarty + PMT?????

JasonCzerak said:
I use the TST with HP on 2 and an additional 3 degrees of timing. The rail feature has some bugs (it's getting looked at) so that's unplugged for now. It helps with boost fooling as well.

I'm seeing 1800EGT at 120mph WOT. I wonder if the timing at 6 might help with EGT's a but more? Or is it just a fact of too small of a turbo at this point? EGT's are good until the motor is above 3000rpm Boost is over 45, not sure haven't had a change to look at that gauge on a higher speed run.

I so need that Silver 66 like soon. :)

I did 512 HP with edge. This setup is much much stronger. My Rail keeps steady at 22K with original 97,000 mile old injectors.

With only a modded FCA, over 600hp is going to be rather difficult with nitrous and turbo burning every drop of fuel.

unless you are at 22.5k on the rail, you are losing power!

does anybody know about "adding low end power" with bully dogs PMT.
i tried this option, and my truck would not shift for crap! (huge power increase)!
I've upgraded the TC and valve body in my stock tranny (auto)...
1st gear was grate, 2d was very very soft (almost like a false neutral) 3d wasn't much better, and 4 was fine as long as the tc was locked up.

...took it back out before i tore it up...
whats the deal?

Yeah my bully dog down loader does the same thing to the shifting. This option doesnt really give you any more power it just gets you to wot with less peadle travel.

BIG SWOLE, I dont know how I missed your post. How do you like that setup?

My truck is still waiting to be sold, guy still has the truck Im going to buy so its just a waiting game now. P-pump conversion truck anyone? Had one guy ask how much horspower it had, I have no idea. Someone got a guess? Im thinkin 400-475.

what else should i have to do to my tranny to get it to handle that type of power?

i would like to leave that "added low end power" (bully dogs PMT) on all the time.

my local trans shop said for $750, i get new clutch packs, bands with more kevlar in them,- not sure what else... but they say it'll take it, and they will warranty it for 1 year with no mile cap.
what do you guys think? thats a lot of power very low in the rpm range...

gonna need a converter too while your in there, and might think about some billet shafts too, at least a billet input i would imagine.

i did up grade the stock converter... didn't even try to add the low end power on the pmt till i did that and a valve body with higher line pressure.
that was about two weeks ago. I only drove it like that for about 60 miles or so, then took the power back out. now 2d gear shuters if i'm light on the pedal. i would like the extra low end for towing (5,500lb 24' inclosed). and daily driving, it makes a night and day difference for me! probably cause i'ms geard too high! 37'' tires and 3:73's....but i'm not too sure i want to tow with this on- the trans shop said it'll be fine and there not worried about it.
should i lay down the 750 (i just through $925 for the TC and valve work)???

thanx for your quick thoughts, as i'm headed on a 1,100 mile trip to orlando FL on the 13'th

If the trans shop will warranty their work on the tranny with low power enabled, give it a shot- use that power if they are going to pay for the parts! Might not want to if you are taking a long trip though....

Low end power does affect how sensitive your pedal is, but it also adds a lot of low end fueling. Probably too much power before your line pressure is up high enough.

monday 2-4-08, whent to the trans shop at lunch today. they said for me to bring it in (this wednesday) how i want it-low end added or not. and they'll set it up for what ever line pressure it needs. I'm gonna take it to them with it on. but I'm worried about my trip. 24-2,500 miles round trip with the trailer on the 13th. I'm hoping that a week it going to be enough to get a feel for it.

Pitz said:
Probably too much power before your line pressure is up high enough.

that is true, hard on trannies.
$925 for a VB and T/C? what brand?
if they'll warranty in writing your transmission, RUN IT!

Roachie, you ever run any bigger injectors than the 275's?

Ive never had anything bigger than 275's in the truck. Mostly because I dont have the clutch or air to go with them. I'm leaving that stuff up to the next owner. Why do you ask?

just curious...did you p-pump because the VP went out? PM me some pics of the truck...

not sure , i just trusted my local trans shop. (i know its a single disc though)
the valve body is stock-just reworked-i guess. drilled bigger holes in it for higher line pressure.

Yes, I done the p-pump swap because the VP went out.... for the 4th time. And because I was thinking of building a puller out of it but I want to restor my old dart before I do that so Im done with it. Will atempt to pm pics.