Smarty POD ROCKS!!

Pitz

I still have Reverse
I met Marco over this last weekend, played on the dyno a little, and installed the new Smarty POD on my truck! Marco is a great guy, and that POD; WOW, is it nice. I get to keep my TNT/R turned up and ready to go without excessive smoke!

I've had some unfortunate experiences lately where I've had my Smarty turned down to something like 3... but really wished I had it on 9. Now, I can!

I really like the fact that I can cruise around, and bump it down to around 22 to 30 on the freeway- hopefully that might net a little better mpg. I did drive from Riverdale back to Riverside with the firm intention of testing the mpg. Unfortunately, I met another Dodge (Nice truck: Lift, edge sticker, and great exhaust) on the road going over the Tehachapi grade and decided to "play" a litle. I was up to setting 99 in two clicks of a button and push of the throttle!

It was great weekend, and worth the trip! THANKS MARCO!!!!

I met Marco over this last weekend, played on the dyno a little, and installed the new Smarty POD on my truck! Marco is a great guy, and that POD; WOW, is it nice. I get to keep my TNT/R turned up and ready to go without excessive smoke!

I've had some unfortunate experiences lately where I've had my Smarty turned down to something like 3... but really wished I had it on 9. Now, I can!

I really like the fact that I can cruise around, and bump it down to around 22 to 30 on the freeway- hopefully that might net a little better mpg. I did drive from Riverdale back to Riverside with the firm intention of testing the mpg. Unfortunately, I met another Dodge (Nice truck: Lift, edge sticker, and great exhaust) on the road going over the Tehachapi grade and decided to "play" a litle. I was up to setting 99 in two clicks of a button and push of the throttle!

It was great weekend, and worth the trip! THANKS MARCO!!!!

uuummm YOU SUCK!!!!:kick:

LOL I am soo stoked to hear this info... I tried to call Bob and talk to him about this because with my truck gettint dual cp3's and flux 3.4's I'd like to de-tune it for daily running around and towing but if some one wanted to play i could switch it to kill asap and well you know!!:ft::rockwoot:

Does it have to be plugged in the whole time? Where do you keep it so that you can get to it, but not be in the way?

You have to keep it plugged in to adjust it on the fly, but it is soooo adjustable.
Put it on 01 in level 7 and you can barely crawl. Toss it up to 99 and you've got full power.

The cord goes right across the steering column and the smarty leans up against the console from the cup holder.

Yeah, the POD is really nice.

If you're running big injectors and do a lot of in-town driving, it's a must have.

The cord only needs to be plugged in when you want to make a change. Driving down the road, reach in the back and grab the smarty, plug it in, make changes, toss it in the back and keep driving.

I don't have the self control to try to get good mileage. I have noticed that in town mileage is up.

I've had a POD for a couple weeks now. I am happy.

So far I've just messed around with the REVO tunes trying to get used to the software. I am impressed in many respects and will be trying the TNT tunes shortly.

The one thing that amazes me is the drive-ability in these tunes. Great power, good throttle modulation, minimal smoke, seemingly improved mileage over my previous downloader. (I have yet to hand calc.) Even on 9 the truck has great manors and behaves wonderfully, a feat that was impossible with the old software I was running.

I haven't played with the POD features too much, yet. Honestly, with the REVO tunes I don't need it. All that sensitive throttle, bucking, excessive smoking crap that I thought the POD feature would allow me to quickly change and minimize weren't present in the first place.

As of yet, I honestly can't think of a single complaint.

Ok, maybe one. I still need more power.:bigsmile: If I ever lose that desire, I'll probably throw in the towel and ride a bike.

Time to grab the TNT tunes.

HMM, It would be awsome if they could come out with a separate unit for the POD. Similar to the bullydog controller. If it's too dangerous to talk on the phone and drive, how safe is it to try and plug the smarty into the obd port "on the fly" :hehe:

Are there plans for a more "on the road friendly" approach to this? maybe a smaller "box" that's dash mountable?

Heck, If I can have a really long OBD-II cable with a 90-degree on it where it plugs in, I'd be happy because I would run the cable to the center armrest box and leave the smarty plugged in there for easy adjustment.

http://www.obd2cables.com/products/...s/cable-j1962m-right-angle-to-j1962f-6ft.html

Here ya go POD owners. I'm not sure was bob/marco put in for cables for the new one, but if it's the same old stuff this might help ya out. right angle plug so it's "outa the way" for the most part while plugged in. and a long extension that will plug up to the original wire you get with the smarty and you can place the box in the glove box or any place outa the way and easily accessible

just an idea?!

Man, sounds like a hot set up. I need to get a hold of Bob when he comes back, and give the POD a whirl!!

thanks for the link Jason. That plug looks like it would work pretty good.

Nice link to that plug. The standard Smarty cord is working very well for me. I just leave it plugged into the OBD port full time, and hook up the Smarty If I think I'll be changing the level (about every trip right now :p ).

It would be GREAT to have a smaller, dash mount keypad. I wonder if they could come up with some kind of emulator that could substitute for the Smarty keypad.

I've had a POD for a couple weeks now. I am happy.

So far I've just messed around with the REVO tunes trying to get used to the software. I am impressed in many respects and will be trying the TNT tunes shortly.

Ok, maybe one. I still need more power.:bigsmile: If I ever lose that desire, I'll probably throw in the towel and ride a bike.

Time to grab the TNT tunes.

I never tried out the REVO tunes, just went to the TNT/R and didn't want to lose it. The TNT/R was definately a little rougher to drive on the street, especially considering I've got stock injectors, and they are a little small to light my turbo.... someday I'll get them matched up!

So with my TNT/R tunes being vin locked, I have to reprogram my smarty to a non vin locked tune, then send my smarty and $200 to Bob and Marco to have the board changed. After I get it back, I can reload my TNT/R software on to the Smarty, right?

So with my TNT/R tunes being vin locked, I have to reprogram my smarty to a non vin locked tune, then send my smarty and $200 to Bob and Marco to have the board changed. After I get it back, I can reload my TNT/R software on to the Smarty, right?

that's about right.

This sounds like a sweet deal other than having to leave the smarty out and plugged in all the time.

Hey Marco/Bob, is there any way you could make the POD have a memory or something to where you could load say 3 different power levels in to it (user selectable as to which levels to load) and then just be able to plug the POD in like the triple dog and load the tunes in that way?

This sounds like a sweet deal other than having to leave the smarty out and plugged in all the time.

Hey Marco/Bob, is there any way you could make the POD have a memory or something to where you could load say 3 different power levels in to it (user selectable as to which levels to load) and then just be able to plug the POD in like the triple dog and load the tunes in that way?

:pop::pop:

That's what I loved about my BDTD w/Outlook.

That would be the Shiz-Nit!!!!!

uuummm YOU SUCK!!!!:kick:

LOL I am soo stoked to hear this info... I tried to call Bob and talk to him about this because with my truck gettint dual cp3's and flux 3.4's I'd like to de-tune it for daily running around and towing but if some one wanted to play i could switch it to kill asap and well you know!!:ft::rockwoot:

What for?

I drive the same setup every day!

I even tow heavy with that combo....Really heavy!