smarty popping! stock no popping! tst no popping!

nrussell

I have been running Revo TNT(regular not R) basically since it came out. I thought I blew a head gasket.............again! So I unloaded the Revo-TNT(regular not R) and then loaded just Revo and had same popping going on. So I just put ecm back to stock and went out and flogged the crap out of it and couldnt get it to pop. Then I tried just the TST (5/5) and no popping. I dont get it, are other '06's having this problem too? Unless I'm draining the rail, but I dont see how because I have Evil Twin's. IDK!!! What do you guys think is going on? My motor build date is 9/05.

popping

I have been running Revo TNT(regular not R) basically since it came out. I thought I blew a head gasket.............again! So I unloaded the Revo-TNT(regular not R) and then loaded just Revo and had same popping going on. So I just put ecm back to stock and went out and flogged the crap out of it and couldnt get it to pop. Then I tried just the TST (5/5) and no popping. I dont get it, are other '06's having this problem too? Unless I'm draining the rail, but I dont see how because I have Evil Twin's. IDK!!! What do you guys think is going on? My motor build date is 9/05.

You can't run the Smarty turned up with the TST turned up. Put the Smarty on say sw7 and put the TST on 2/1 with NO timing. Use the timing in the Smarty. Your problem will probably be gone. Both of the units have timing, duration and pressure,... assuming you have the rp program and an R49 TST. Also just plug the TST rp plug back into itself and don't use it. Set it on 0. It doesn't work right,.. never has when stacked with the Smarty. It only works on a stock truck with just the TST. When you start doubling up on timing, duration &/or rp you will get bad things happening. No can do! Play with your settings on the Smarty and work up gradually and use what the truck will let you use without telling you that "You're killin' me"! That's truck talk for lay off. Just kiddin'.

You can't run the Smarty turned up with the TST turned up. Put the Smarty on say sw7 and put the TST on 2/1 with NO timing. Use the timing in the Smarty. Your problem will probably be gone. Both of the units have timing, duration and pressure,... assuming you have the rp program and an R49 TST. Also just plug the TST rp plug back into itself and don't use it. Set it on 0. It doesn't work right,.. never has when stacked with the Smarty. It only works on a stock truck with just the TST. When you start doubling up on timing, duration &/or rp you will get bad things happening. No can do! Play with your settings on the Smarty and work up gradually and use what the truck will let you use without telling you that "You're killin' me"! That's truck talk for lay off. Just kiddin'.
Thanks for the advice, but I'm already aware of stacking timing boxes. I learned that lesson about 2 years ago.

I fixed my problem.....I reloaded Smarty and chose stock timimg..........no more popping. I'll narrow it down tomorrow and see how much or how little timing I can have until it pop's.