smarty questions?

osiris

Hey guys I was wondering with flux 1 injectors can i run default timing on TNT and be ok or should I change it to timing 2? Also can I run rp 3 daily or is this too much for the fuel system? It says rp3 and 4 cant be used daily on revo but then it say just rp4 cant be used daily on TNT.... Thanks guys

Hey guys I was wondering with flux 1 injectors can i run default timing on TNT and be ok or should I change it to timing 2? Also can I run rp 3 daily or is this too much for the fuel system? It says rp3 and 4 cant be used daily on revo but then it say just rp4 cant be used daily on TNT.... Thanks guys

Default timing on TNT is #2, which is for aftermarket injectors. So yes you can run #2.

As far as RP settings....there are many different schools of thought on how and when to run added pressure. Mainly it comes down to your personal preference. I DD with RP-3 and the MP-8 on 0, but will occasionally turn RP down to 2, and run the MP-8 on 25%. Some say that added pressure over time can lead to injector failures...then some say "No Prob".

Really is what kind of risk you are willing to take!!! If you have good filteration (3mic or better), then you will probably be ok on RP-3 but dont run RP-4 for DD. Marco has suggested several times that RP-4 is for track use only.

My DD tune is as follows...TNT/R SW#7, High RPM limit, TM-2, TQ-2, RP-3, WG-off. Works great for me and have no ill effect so far!

That makes absolutely no sense... how can default timing be #2 which if for aftermarket injectors... this retards the timing default timing is option 0 which to my understanding adds the most timing but I was wondering if it was safe to run that since I do have a small set of injectors...

That makes absolutely no sense... how can default timing be #2 which if for aftermarket injectors... this retards the timing default timing is option 0 which to my understanding adds the most timing but I was wondering if it was safe to run that since I do have a small set of injectors...

Whatever sense it makes or not here is the instructions!!!:bang

For TNT ONLY...this is directly from the MADS site....

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for aftermarket injectors
# 3 - for Hugh aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 – for use with NOs ( less timing advance than level # 3 )
The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.
This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the
even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ).
To avoid confusion and to help the customer
in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels. This is most important for
the timing. When Smarty is set back to default with key # 0, the even numbered software's will use the stock timing and the odd
numbered ones the advanced timing.

For REVO ONLY....

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for stock injectors
# 3 - for aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 - for fuel economy ( more timing advance than level # 2 )
Important! The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock
timing.
This is only true if you don't adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the
even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer
in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels. This is most important for
the timing. When Smarty is set back to default with key # 0, the even numbered software's will use the stock timing and the odd
numbered ones the advanced timing.

TNT was designed for trucks that run after market injectors...based on the BETA programs.

If you want the most timing on TNT you need to select timing #2 or #0, both are the same with odd# SW's.

If you want the most timing period...then download REVO nonTNT and select #4 in the timing area...this is the most timing SMARTY OFFERS!!!

oh i am sorry i was glancing around and saw injectors i thought it was aftermarket injectors for 2 and big ones for 3 and then nos for 4.... why are there two settings that are the same?