Smarty REVO questions

dodgeram2500

just got the new revo software for my 2001. it has 3 new adjustments, torque, timing, duration. i have played with all the settings and cant seem to notice much of a difference. maby someone can help me understand how the truck should behave by changing each setting. see sig. for mods. the only thing i noticed was, higher torque setting smoked more all through rpm range, higher duration felt like i lost power, and higher timing made the spool really slow. all of the settings i tried were magnified 50X when the comp was on. any help is appreciated.:what:

just got the new revo software for my 2001. it has 3 new adjustments, torque, timing, duration. i have played with all the settings and cant seem to notice much of a difference. maby someone can help me understand how the truck should behave by changing each setting. see sig. for mods. the only thing i noticed was, higher torque setting smoked more all through rpm range, higher duration felt like i lost power, and higher timing made the spool really slow. all of the settings i tried were magnified 50X when the comp was on. any help is appreciated.:what:

Higher duration means longer the injector is staying open. Torque is torque management, higher number, more jumpy pedal. You shouldn't be running any timing with the comp on.

Because you have a Hot Rod pump which already dumps extra fuel, I would think.

what would be a good indication of overfueling? i figured that would be hard to do running stock injectors.

It is over fueling down low. Back off duration and timing. Set Torque Management to stock. Try setting the comp on like 5x3 or 4x4 and see how it runs.

Are you dumping out a ton of fuel then it finally lights?

what would be a good indication of overfueling? i figured that would be hard to do running stock injectors.

You aren't overfueling. You just aren't making more power because of the small injectors. I'd imagine that the HotRod pump is maxing out your stock injectors without adding more duration on top of that. The stockers can only do so much.

the truck smokes like an old school coal train untill about 1900-2000 rpms then boost gets to about 30ish in a hurry. pulls great till 3000rpm. and slowly dies off past that. nothing after 3500. smoke is a 10+++ at low boost, 7 at full boost

you are trying to push way too much fuel through small injectors. back it off a bit.

also, your HRVP44 has added timing, and comp is adding timing, back off the timing to "stock" on the REVO and it should help reduce the smoke clouds and help with spool up. my truck when i had big sticks, the REVO timing cranked up, and my fueling box on it was laggy and slow when i punched it...if i rolled into it slow, or turned the REVO down a bit it would spool alot faster and felt much stronger.

sometimes less is more.

you better be careful, you could knock a tip out of the injectors trying to push too much fuel through them!! they are only designed for so much and then they will let go!

how do i know when its too much? even with the edge and smarty turned off the truck still smokes like crazy! spool time is still around 1900 rpm. will adding larger injectors before twins help me at all? egts thru the roof?

right now i dyno'd at 499/952. thats with stock injectors and a not much larger than stock turbo. i would like to get to or above 600hp. been looking at 150hp sticks and a twin upgrade. but i will need a dual disk clutch before that

WOW, 499 with stock injectors on a VP44?

I am gonna call BS on this one!!! What was the correstion factor, 1.5???

Last edited:
right now i dyno'd at 499/952. thats with stock injectors and a not much larger than stock turbo. i would like to get to or above 600hp. been looking at 150hp sticks and a twin upgrade. but i will need a dual disk clutch before that

Those injectors can't be stock.

dynos dont lie. it was done on maddogs dyno. as far as i know they are stock. i bought the truck with 15000 miles and it had no mods, as far as i could see. truck barely smoked at all before i got a hold of it. how do i tell if they are aftermarket or stock?

Those sticks are not stock!!!

Pull them and send them off to DDP and have them flowed.

Stock sticks and a COMP with a HRVP + turbo would put you at about 320-350 if you are lucky.

And yes, dyno's do lie...they lie really bad on forced inducted engines at altitude.

why wont my 550hp rated clutch hold up to full throttle shifts? i would think if i only made 300-350 it would be fine?