Smarty REVO questions

I am thinking, like you said, you already have bigger injectors.

Not trying to throw N2O on the fire, but 500 Hp seems pretty high to me also for your set-up. I did 400 Hp with Twins, 60 Hp injectors, Smarty and a TST and I felt I was right in the ball park. Typically, about my set-up (150 Hp injectors) will do around 500 Hp. However, I have not dyno'd myself so take that for what that is worth.

As far as the Smarty Revo, I have noticed also that power seems to get flatter when I increased duration with increased timing.

For example:
SW3 TQ5 T2 D4
SW3 TQ5 T4 D2

Those two seem pretty close, but the D4 seems to pull harder on upper rpm's. And T4 seems to pull harder off idle.

But:
SW3 TQ5 T4 D4
Throttle response / get up and go definately felt diminished and virtually across the whole power band.

This is all SOP and so a dyno may tell for sure.

Jim

SHO VP From Rip @ Source.
Smarty
Blue Chip FMS
HX 35/40 Hybrid
Intake/Exhaust

354.6 HP and 885.7 Torque.

Mad props if you did 500, but I think those sticks are probably not stock. :)

i was using quite a bit of methanol, fass, hrvp, edge drag, smarty, a3k, intake and exhaust manifolds, afe stage 2 filter, 4inch straight pipe, fire ring, studs, springs and keepers/retainers, larger intake and exhaust valves, slight head porting. my first pull was 499hp, 2nd was 491, and third was 483. outside temp was about 65 deg, at 6000ft elevation

How do you know your clutch isn't holding? Rpm's bouncing alot like its slipping or what?

That's it, the tach will rise while the speedo stays the same if the clutch is slipping

I don't have any experience with methanol. Still IMO seems a bit much, just not enough fuel. So unless your truck is capable of some incredible BSFC numbers, I think you must adding more fuel from some where.

Do the Smarty + HRVP gains actually add? For some reason I had thought HRVP = Smarty in gains. And using them together was a wash vs using them one at a time only.

Have you done any more Smarty testing?

Jim

i was using quite a bit of methanol, fass, hrvp, edge drag, smarty, a3k, intake and exhaust manifolds, afe stage 2 filter, 4inch straight pipe, fire ring, studs, springs and keepers/retainers, larger intake and exhaust valves, slight head porting. my first pull was 499hp, 2nd was 491, and third was 483. outside temp was about 65 deg, at 6000ft elevation

You have all this and STOCK injectors?

whats wrong with all that and stock injectors? as far as i know they are stock. but i could be wrong. i am going to be pulling them this weekend to have them flow checked. when i dont use the edge drag comp and only use the smarty, it gets a pretty good increase in power. i will be more than happy to make a video of how the truck runs in stock mode vs. fueled out

I think what everyone is trying to say is that those numbers are just abnormally high for stock injectors.

Not saying it couldn't be done, just saying it is abnormal.

Like I said before, I was able to sqeeze 354 out with a similar setup.

i understand that... i just figured they would be stockers cuz they have not been changed by me. truck had 15k on it when i got it and hardly smoked at all. non stockers are a possibility, going to find out this weekend what i really got.

whats wrong with all that and stock injectors?
Nothing wrong with it, but usually people do injectors before or at the same time as all that other work..

Just got my smarty. she's alot quicker on the bottom end. Being I have a drag comp level 1-4 daily driver "I need more air". I loaded level 2 and 4 with torque 6. I guessing I don't want to mess with the injector timing or duration right? Since the drag\HRVP is doing timing. Thanks Smkblwr

Might try more duration, but I would not do more timing..

What injectors do you have? I prefer to drive mine around on level 9. The smoke is controlable with your right foot, and I like having a little extra on tap if I need it.

You really can't hurt anything playing with the different settings.. Just use all of the programs that don't have the extra timing.

I'm running Mach 2's"105hp" I will play with some more duration tommorow. thanks. Smoke is controlable but can't seem to control it. LOL

Just got my smarty. she's alot quicker on the bottom end. Being I have a drag comp level 1-4 daily driver "I need more air". I loaded level 2 and 4 with torque 6. I guessing I don't want to mess with the injector timing or duration right? Since the drag\HRVP is doing timing. Thanks Smkblwr

Some people think thats too much timing already. Smarty timing on 1 and no timing box seems to be plenty of timing with the II hrvp on my truck. My best dyno numbers to date have been using the hrvp timing only.

i just got the revo software downloaded to my smarty havent tried anything but with my setup in my sig what would be the best setup on it and is it possible to hurt things if i mess with the settings? ive got mach 5's (200hp) when i was driving around at level 9 it would smoke lik crazy till about 1850-2100 rpms when the turbo lit finally...the downfall to having a big turbo.

Seeing as you dont list anything for timing, I would see what the smarty does on 5 or 7. I dyno'd mine on 9 with the PMAX3 - did pretty decent. If I had the time I would have backed the timing down a bit. That's the one downfall with this stuff is you don't really know where the timing is other than its more relative to stock.