smarty s03

Ltk

Broke
may be a dumb question, but is there anything that running my smarty on level 9 will hurt besides the clutch?

i decided to give it a try on level 9 and cant seem to bring myself to lower it back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it will not hurt anything. It only gives about 65 hp by itself. Watch your gauges.

ive been watching them, fuel pressure staying fine, egts are a little hotter, but still cant get them up very much.

cant believe ive had this programmer for over 6 months and never had it off level 1.. it sure is fun to drive! im just now financially able to afford a clutch when this one goes, so im going to have a little fun with it.

one major problem i am having is the amount of smoke dumping out... its fun to drive, but i cant get on it or itll blind someone behind me. i have just been out tonight trying it out since nobody is on the road...

wont that make the smoke even worse? i cant even drive on level 9 because even slight throttle blinds people. i put it back on level 1

Huh you sure you have stock injectors? My truck didn't smoke that bad with smarty edge sack and even with 150s and stock charger and everything set on kill I could control the smoke with a light foot

the ho trucks smoke worse than the SO trucks in my experience. play with the revo settings and it should help.

Huh you sure you have stock injectors? My truck didn't smoke that bad with smarty edge sack and even with 150s and stock charger and everything set on kill I could control the smoke with a light foot

That is the key. You cannot fat foot the throttle.

On my old HO truck I ran a MAD ECM/Smarty with RV275's to 150's.

You could drive it quickly with no smoke or have the lane blocker if you wanted.

I actually found that driving with the side of my foot on the throttle worked best.

honestly im not 100% sure if these are the stock injectors or not. i dont even know if the clutch is stock. didnt ask the previous owner..

what are the revo settings?

yep the truck is a HO and it smokes like a train on level 9, id take a video to explain myself, but i would be classified as an oraler :lolly:

The revo settings are torque management, injection timing, and injection duration.

The torque management only applies to auto's.

Here is a "small" explanation of the revo settings out of the Smarty manual.

CLICK

Go down to page 11 on the manual. I mean SMALL explanation.

I monkeyed with the Revo settings when it first came out but I then went back to standard Catcher settings.

I believe its a lot of trial and error like anything else.

You could try lower odd# (5 or 7) settings to see if that helps.

Sorry I could not be more help.

The revo settings are torque management, injection timing, and injection duration.

The torque management only applies to auto's.

Here is a "small" explanation of the revo settings out of the Smarty manual.

CLICK

Go down to page 11 on the manual. I mean SMALL explanation.

I monkeyed with the Revo settings when it first came out but I then went back to standard Catcher settings.

I believe its a lot of trial and error like anything else.

You could try lower odd# (5 or 7) settings to see if that helps.

Sorry I could not be more help.

torque management setting on the manual trucks seems to be smoke control. never could get the smoke outta my truck with it. also didn't like how it killed top end power.

torque management setting on the manual trucks seems to be smoke control. never could get the smoke outta my truck with it. also didn't like how it killed top end power.

Thanks! Learn something new everyday.

Like I had said, I only messed with the revo settings for a bit when they first came out then I just stuck with the stock settings.

I never noticed the kill of top end power driving it but the majority of the time that was the only box on the truck.

i will try to mess around with these settings a little bit.

jlbayes, you said you were never able to get the smoke to clear up, what did you end up doing? adding more air?

i will probably keep it on fuel mileage until i can afford a good set of injectors, and a slightly bigger turbo, and a clutch at the same time.

my truck even smokes on level 1 (fuel mileage) btw.. think i could have injectors other than stock? i lost all contact info with the previous owner, and sadly i didnt ask him about the clutch or injectors

selling the pos. it kills top end power. my buddies HO truck smokes without a tuner on it.....smoked horrible with the edge. i think its an ho thing. lol

selling the pos. it kills top end power. my buddies HO truck smokes without a tuner on it.....smoked horrible with the edge. i think its an ho thing. lol

if its just an HO thing i guess theres nothing i can do at the moment. im dying to try the smarty/tst stack, but i know thats a big no until i get more cash saved up. im the type of person that breaks anything and everything. :evil

Sell the smarty? What programmer are you running?

sold it last year. currently the truck is pumpless. p-pump swap in progress

if its just an HO thing i guess theres nothing i can do at the moment. im dying to try the smarty/tst stack, but i know thats a big no until i get more cash saved up. im the type of person that breaks anything and everything. :evil

do it....then when you put your big boy pants on you put a ts mvp on instead of the smarty. :poke: :hehe:

sold it last year. currently the truck is pumpless. p-pump swap in progress

do it....then when you put your big boy pants on you put a ts mvp on instead of the smarty. :poke: :hehe:

whats a ts mvp?

im always open to try new things

the most aggressive timing box for a vp.

so it can be stacked with a fueling box like tst?

im still mainly concerned with reliability, so im not sure if thats the route i want to go yet or not