Smarty S67 SIM/EGT sensor FREE software update

Marco

First of all, I apologize for having been silent on the forum for a long time lately! We strive to deliver the best possible product's / software's. The time needed for the R&D can be rather long.
It's either time dedicated to the forum(s) or to the R&D. I choose the latter one...

Attention current and future Smarty S67 owners:

Based upon our customers feedback ( A hugh THANK YOU guys! ) we have found over time that
the EGT probes / SIMS did create several problems on about a 10% of the trucks that were using our product. Those problems were due to the vide variation in tolerances between sensors / SIMS and the ECM's themselfs. Thus we immediatly started the research and development for a possible solution.

To keep a LONG story short, we have now completed the testing and validating of our brand new SIM / EGT sensor FREE software! Starting from today the new software update for the Smarty S67 is available on our website for free download.

Also the “deletes” instructions have been upated with the revised version for the SIM free version..
In short, simply unplug the EGT sensors / SIMS and seal the connectors with electrical tape.
Altough, the sensors / SIMS could remain plugged in we still would like you to remove them. Simply because under certain circumstances ( for example shorted wires in the SIMS/Sensors ) they could still cause problems. For a more level “playground” please remove them !

Since we were at it... the option in the ME software to turn the DPF/EGR on/off has been causing us some grief. Read, we have had a few complaints from customers that DTC's with the ME software still poped up. Turned out that they did not turn the DPF/EGR off. Well, it is the way it is , so we choosen to change. Unless returned to stock software, the ME software now turns the emissions equipment off. Period.

At the same time we had started the testing of a new software for the stock trucks without deletes too. The main goal here was to improove the mileage compared to the previous software versions.. Another long story in short version , accomplished...

All software's do now enable the manual high idle ( using the CC buttons on the steering wheel....)
both for the automatic and manual trucks. Only, on the manual trucks a pin on the ECM needs to be grounded through an additional brake switch. Before you ask the question..., of course it is possible to enable the high idle without the need for an expensive OEM switch, simply grounding the wire.
Yet, for liability reasons we can not provide detailed instructions but they're easily found in the various forums.

In addition to the above, a lot of fine tuning in all the software's has been done. Way more that what could be mentioned in a “short” MSG. Just to mention a couple , the turbo boost pressure has been revised for better mileage. The codes for a disconnected stock turbo have been deleted ( ME version ) the list is long...

Thanks again to all our customers for their continued support. We look forward for your feedback about this latest software revisions ! ( BTW “R12” )

Marco

Marco on the ME version has the 4th injection event also been truned off?

Gentleman,
I'm sorry to say, we have a small problem with this latest software "R12ME". Code P0489 was not dealt with correctly. Thus the code could still pop up.

A certian guy called Marco did screw up. :bang

OPS!

Good news is, I have already corrected the problem and the new software is published on our website. Since the correction deals with a "minor" problem ...
Instead of going to version "R13" I preferred to do" R12me". Where the "me" is in lower case instead of upper case.

If you did not get the P0489 there's no need for you to update your Smarty! If you got the code, well it's time for another update session.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Marco

Hey Marco, did I read that correctly, i can remove the stock turbo and install aftermarket twins and no codes will appear?

Thanks

Malcolm

yeah i would like the ans to that one and lucas u should have tried the g tune on the dyno but think the smarty works better anyway any more updates on the smarty let us know marco maybe a little more smoke thanks

What program will alow me to turn off the regen on my truck? I have the 5 inch exhaust turbo back.

Marco any update on if the smarty can be used on a March and newer 09 trucks yet? I really want to use the smarty to fix my emission stuff on my truck. Thanks man, I can't wait...:rockwoot:

just got my smarty i have my dpf deleted i was runing fooler boxes do i need them anymore with the smarty

just got my smarty i have my dpf deleted i was runing fooler boxes do i need them anymore with the smarty

I believe if you are running r12 or r 14 they are sim free, it says on the smarty when you plug it in what version you have on it. I do not run the foolers anymore on r 14