Smarty SSR 6k RPM

2.5cummins

Looking into ditching my S06 and going with the SSR for my puller in the works. Can someone here tell me their expereience with the SSR mainly on how it does with the Rev limit of up to 6000 RPM.

I dont know your build but I doubt you will use fuel above 3800 rpm anyways unless its a full time competition truck.

Keep you're S06 and go UDC, the SSR by itself is a lot of trial/error. I think more so than any other tuner out there because of all the variables. If you do make sure you have a rail, boost, and egt gauge. Those are key tools to figure out what an where you need to adjust settings (ad they are on any diesel).

Sent from my fphone

Doesn't mean it's making power there...

Here is an example of what the high RPM injector body mods can do at the higher rpm for building power. This is just a mild example of stage 1's. In a mild truck, with an original single CP3. On a serious fueled truck using the stage 3 or stage 4 injectors which have the high rpm body mods, and tuned for the high rpm power and with all the right supporting mods, one can really see how the high RPM injector mods would allow you to have fueling up high in the RPM range.

Pretty cool comparison chart.

Performance - Big Bang Injection

BBi 1's
cache_2425649583.jpg

Wow! That is impressive! It does make you wonder what the big tips would do.

SSR UDC has various results at high rpms, I've had multiple trucks hit 5k rpm under acceleration, yet I have a few trucks set up identically that no way/no how will go over 4500rpm even while free revving.

Lavon

Here is an example of what the high RPM injector body mods can do at the higher rpm for building power. This is just a mild example of stage 1's. In a mild truck, with an original single CP3. On a serious fueled truck using the stage 3 or stage 4 injectors which have the high rpm body mods, and tuned for the high rpm power and with all the right supporting mods, one can really see how the high RPM injector mods would allow you to have fueling up high in the RPM range.

Pretty cool comparison chart.

Performance - Big Bang Injection

BBi 1's
cache_2425649583.jpg

So your claiming you can get more fuel out if a injector in high rpm... When the problem is in the software of the programming???

I have seen the tach reach 5400 on trucks with the correct supporting mods

I can say I have never seen this happen and we have had ALOT of strong running CR trucks across our clubs dyno shows.

So your claiming you can get more fuel out if a injector in high rpm... When the problem is in the software of the programming???

This!

One needs to tune his SSR properly of course in addition to supporting mods.

The graph posted shows a comparison of a well tuned mild (under 700 horse) truck with a single CP3. You can look at the graph and see the difference that the injector body mods gives as the only change between runs.

If one desires good fueling at higher rpm's this mod benefits ones quest.

So because the programming still has a pulse limiter that limits overall fueling especially over 3000rpm.....one must buy larger injectors/bodies that flow more to obtain fueling in the upper rpm??

Not mandatory with SSR. It's taken care of. Just a benefit to those who want increased fueling up high to use injectors with the high RPM body mods.