Smarty UDC Initial Impressions

Which would basically tell the ECM that its always a certain intake temperature all the time?

Not electrically savvy.

Correct.

Timing adjust is partially emissions based, and partially power/efficiency based.

Personally I'd like UDC to let us mess with the timing adjust tables based on intake temp.

John is there some formula that will show you the max duration you can have in one cell? So if I wanted to know at 87% load at 3200 Rpm my max duration should be... Probably a stupid question but I've done worse...

don't forget that "rpm" in the duration map isn't "rpm".... see the timing calculator units.

John is there some formula that will show you the max duration you can have in one cell? So if I wanted to know at 87% load at 3200 Rpm my max duration should be... Probably a stupid question but I've done worse...

Not really. Depends on what you are trying to so. 3000-3100 is about the most you want. Depending on your rail pressure map you may have the same duration at 2000 as 3500 when it gets calculated out...

Yeah my Max power program maxes out in between those numbers but my splits will be below 50 on the last column. The program I'm tweaking now maxes out I think at 2854. That will give me 50/50 and 30 deg for maxx timing.

I finally got smoke down to a gray haze best I could do! Cruising down the Freeway I can see a little gray haze if I give it pedal it increases a bit hard pedal a lot but still gray not Black! I tried lowering the duration in the 1500 to 2000 rpm range at 12 to 37 load but all that did was make my mileage worse. I did the calc sheet to address any timing changes and did notice the timing dropped about 1 across the area affected so my 8 is now 7 in the cruise area. Should I bump it back up to 8 by changing the splits? What else can I do to clear smoke? Under hard acceleration I have a lot of dark to black smoke above 50 Load and 3000 rpm.