Smogable p pump conversion

Jersey uses the same inspection program as cali, just not as strict with visual checks. In Jersey we are trained that the computer knows best so as long as the cel comes on when the KOEO and the light goes off KOER and all readiness monitors are complete with no codes it will pass. Depending on how the cali software is written it may flag you for Unsupported readiness monitors such as evap, cat, egr, o2 etc. 98 harness and pcm is what I was planning on doing for a 4bt conversion. BTW you will have to get a reman computer and flash it with the proper VIN number aka must match the registration. Napa has them for about 300 bucks they come with no vin. You can program it in with the chrysler tool or a modis/verus/solus etc.

Is the cam sensor the only sensor that's different that a 98 12v to a 98 24v

sent from my galaxy s3

There is no smogable p-pump setup. It goes off of year and vin. If you have a good smog technician he will notice it right away.

There is no smogable p-pump setup. It goes off of year and vin. If you have a good smog technician he will notice it right away.

My smog guy is not the brightest lol. Just haven't figured out if I need a 98 12v fuse block to

sent from my galaxy s3

The last thing I just thought of is would I still be able to use my pcs standalone tranny controller if I don't have a apps anymore?

sent from my galaxy s3

The last thing I just thought of is would I still be able to use my pcs standalone tranny controller if I don't have a apps anymore?

sent from my galaxy s3

If it needs it you could leave your apps on there and just make it a separate circuit. You will have to figure out how to get 5v to it without the ECM in place though, I'm sure there is a way to do that with some kind of resistor pack. Like others are saying though 98 12v PCM and engine harness. I'm also not so sure you wouldnt need the 12v dash cluster as well. The 24v tach may not work off of the 12v PCM if its expecting the signal to come from the ECM.

If it needs it you could leave your apps on there and just make it a separate circuit. You will have to figure out how to get 5v to it without the ECM in place though, I'm sure there is a way to do that with some kind of resistor pack. Like others are saying though 98 12v PCM and engine harness. I'm also not so sure you wouldnt need the 12v dash cluster as well. The 24v tach may not work off of the 12v PCM if its expecting the signal to come from the ECM.

The 24v gets the tach signal from the pcm too. You use the 98 pcm because the dashes are the same for a 12v or 24v.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Back