Snow Performance Saying Hi.....

SnowTech.4

Hello all,

My name is Derek, and I am here to provide info on Snow Performance systems and water/methanol injection in general. Let me know if you have any questions at all.

We do seem to like our Cummins around here, as you can pull into the parking lot here on many days and see 3 or 4 black Ram Duallies, 6.7 and 5.9.

However, we love pretty much anything that makes a lot of smoke from both the pipes and the tires :woohoo:

nice to see ya here, I have the stage II system on my truck and actually thinking of upgrading to the 220 psi pump, my truck gets.... warm shall we say.

nice to see ya here, I have the stage II system on my truck and actually thinking of upgrading to the 220 psi pump, my truck gets.... warm shall we say.

Thanks!

We have actually gotten away from the old 220 a bit, we now have what we call the SHO, which works beautifully with the S3 and only draws 10 amps too :) Its veyr powerful, but also incredibly tough.

Like I said, I am not on here to sell, but let us or any of our vendors here on the site know if you have any questions at all :Cheer:

Welcome, Ill be lookin into some water systems soon!

Hello all,

My name is Derek, and I am here to provide info on Snow Performance systems and water/methanol injection in general. Let me know if you have any questions at all.

We do seem to like our Cummins around here, as you can pull into the parking lot here on many days and see 3 or 4 black Ram Duallies, 6.7 and 5.9.

However, we love pretty much anything that makes a lot of smoke from both the pipes and the tires :woohoo:

Hey Derek,

Quick one for ya, what kind of egt's would someone need to be seeing to really concern themself with water/ meth injection? Or is it more of a big hp, high egt thing?

Thanks in advance, and welcome to comp d

Brandon

Hey Derek,

Quick one for ya, what kind of egt's would someone need to be seeing to really concern themself with water/ meth injection? Or is it more of a big hp, high egt thing?

Thanks in advance, and welcome to comp d

Brandon

Hey Brandon,

You can open a massive can of worms in the right company talking about what a truly dangerous EGT is, but most people will agree that anything over 1250-1300 sustained temperature in your run of the mill pickup is getting dangerous. Many OTR guys will get nervous at 1100 or so, and frankly I would too if the engine was my livelihood and cost the kind of money OTR engines cost.

Long story short, we work well even on stock trucks. We have a dyno from a Powerstroke (IIRC a 6.0) that picked up the better part of 100HP with our system right off the shelf.

But my best example comes from a 06 6speed 5.9 Cummins we did a system for. It was covered in Off-Road magazine and available on our site. The truck with no programmer made 370 to the tires on a Mustang Dyno. Pretty stout truck. But with the programmer on the normal DD tune, it made 410. With the programmer off and us on, it made just over 430.

So you do not need a fire breathing monster to take advantage of water/methanol.

Good to hear the new pumps are out, been working with Matt since the spring of 03'.

Jim

Hey Brandon,

You can open a massive can of worms in the right company talking about what a truly dangerous EGT is, but most people will agree that anything over 1250-1300 sustained temperature in your run of the mill pickup is getting dangerous. Many OTR guys will get nervous at 1100 or so, and frankly I would too if the engine was my livelihood and cost the kind of money OTR engines cost.

Long story short, we work well even on stock trucks. We have a dyno from a Powerstroke (IIRC a 6.0) that picked up the better part of 100HP with our system right off the shelf.

But my best example comes from a 06 6speed 5.9 Cummins we did a system for. It was covered in Off-Road magazine and available on our site. The truck with no programmer made 370 to the tires on a Mustang Dyno. Pretty stout truck. But with the programmer on the normal DD tune, it made 410. With the programmer off and us on, it made just over 430.

So you do not need a fire breathing monster to take advantage of water/methanol.

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Thanks for the welcomes guys! Matt has certanly been around for awhile now. We get customers pretty regularly these days who have the older systems from 4 years ago etc. It's pretty amazing how far the systems have come in so short a time.

Hello all,

Welcome!:rockwoot: