Snow Performance water meth

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
I will never, NOT have this on my truck again!!!!!!!!

Just completed a VERY heavy tow with my setup, (not ideal for towing, 190 injectors, and Beans Turbo wheel), and I love this kit. I literally could not have made it without the water injection. No BS! I don't get blown away very often, but I will have a Snow performance water/meth Kit on any vehicle I own from here on out.

I knew I was going to have a hard time with EGT's pulling a loaded trailer up the mountains in So Cal, and was looking for a way to help out. Matt Snow at Snow Performance had sponsored a kit for my race truck, so I called him up and asked if it would be ok to use this kit on my truck for the tow then replace it in the race truck afterwards. He said no problem, and was confident his kit would do just what I needed. He was right!

Towing my 24' empty car hauler to California from Austin, I saw 1100* EGT's the whole 1300 miles. Scared the crap out of me. Got to San Diego, installed the boost cooler, loaded the trailer, "very heavy", and towed it back and never saw over 1000*. Needless to say, I was/am impressed, and a water/meth junkey for life. I highly recommend it if your looking for cooling. I know it helped my mileage, as my mileage was identical loaded vs. unloaded, and the trailer was packed full.

Last edited:
uhh ohh we got another Meth Addict in da house! Better go ahead and rent one of ponder's meth labs... LOL

Same tune and same speeds I assume. That is pretty impressive, how different was the mileage.

I've been running snow's kit for 4 yrs and love it. Dalpilot, how many nozzles you running? I've got one 625 nozzle on mine.

Same everything, and I was only using a single 625. Really a great deal for towing. Mileage, I have no figures for, but it literally kept me from frying my motor. Its really awesome to push harder on the pedal, watch the EGT climb just a touch, then drop a couple hundred. I'm sold, and will own it on anything I tow with from here on out.

Hey tim, do have the stage II kit that is boost controlled or the stage III that is boost and egt controlled?

What are your boost settings set at on the controller...just curious what you have it coming on at and fully injecting at?

For the tow I played around with it a little starting at 8 and going to full at 35 seemed to work best. Throwing more water at it didn't really make a difference over throwing the right amount.

now a quick question for both of you, were yall using water or water/meth? I have always wanted to put one of these on my truck, but have questioned the effect of just water, Is it hard to find methonal? There are race tracks around that sell it seasonally...

I'm pretty sure walmart washer fluid is like 40 percent meth isn't it?

hey if it is, pretty convenient. that's great! I have heard that the meth is what gives the hp, but what is its effect on egt?

For the tow I played around with it a little starting at 8 and going to full at 35 seemed to work best. Throwing more water at it didn't really make a difference over throwing the right amount.

What mix were you using, Tim? I plan on getting one eventually.

I've had this stage II kit on my truck for a few years now and ever since it's been on i've been using the cheap blue windshield washer fluid cause it does have meth in it. It's not as much as a 50/50 mix, probably more like a 25/75, but it's still way better than 100% water. Snow sells their own mixture called boost juice...never used it or have never heard of anyone using it, i suppose that could be another option to try, but i'm gonna stick with the windshield washer fluid.

I was using straight water after the first 7 gallons. Matt Snow told me that the Water/meth mix actually will give you better cooling due to it delaying, "quench" where it starts to put out the fire. I used so much of it on that long tow that I just pulled over and stuck a hose in the resevoir and filled it up. I also had two 5 gallon drums I filled along with it and would refill along the way. I knew the minute I ran out of water, because the egt's climbed like crazy.

shoulda bought some hose and run it back to those five gallon buckets...

Seriously thought about just having them sitting in the pass floorboard, and running the hose through the firewall and when it ran low, just stick it in the next. LOL It proved too WT and I just couldn't do it. LOL

Tim's gonna put a 55 gallon drum in the bed. Of course it will be powdercoated red and will have some billet stainless hold downs.

Back