So I sold my 07 5.9....

Cummins_Bred

Cummins R&D Tech
And brought the new gal home saturday

Had my dad give me a lift. We took mom's car for mpg's (His daily is a Merc AMG M55)

Rolled up on the lot and it was right up front ready to go

After some paperwork we were ready to go home. (Guy on the lot flipped up the mirrors when he detailed it and topped off the fuel)

3500 SRW, Laramie, 6spd, Not in love with the 4:10's on the interstate, but I do love the truck as a whole. I was blown away with the smooth ride also. It's actually better than my old 3/4.

I'd sold my old truck looking to get a sports car, but after number crunching, checking insurance, and being realistic about winter time and depreciation of buying a brand new car, a gently used truck made more sense. Mods coming very soon!

The 10+ trucks are nice I'll never own a standard but there good truck's bought my wife a 12 mega cab 3500 srw she loves it wish the power was better lol! Going to do the basics to it? And good job putting them damn mirror's down

Last edited:
Very nice truck! Id never go back to a 3rd gen for a DD after buying my new truck. Im also an auto only person for a DD. The manuals are fun for the toys but I like to just put it in gear and go on a day to day driver.

Well this is my DD so I'm gonna have to suck it up with the manual. Basic H&S, deletes, pipe, intake. Maybe a slightly bigger turbo down the road. Clutch when it needs it. It's no race truck, so I'm probably going to do a 6" BDS long arm and 37's wrapped around 22's. The ratio of truck-height-tire size with that setup is perfect in my eyes. And I wish that was my woman, but it's my buddy's GF who was posing real ladylike for a photo of my new movie theater

Well this is my DD so I'm gonna have to suck it up with the manual. Basic H&S, deletes, pipe, intake. Maybe a slightly bigger turbo down the road. Clutch when it needs it. It's no race truck, so I'm probably going to do a 6" BDS long arm and 37's wrapped around 22's. The ratio of truck-height-tire size with that setup is perfect in my eyes. And I wish that was my woman, but it's my buddy's GF who was posing real ladylike for a photo of my new movie theater

The truck will look sweet with a lift and the wheel tire combo. I wanted to keep mine more family/towing/garage oriented so I stayed with 17" Fuel wheels and 33" tires. If I buy another 4th gen like I want too Im going to make it more for fun with a set-up like you are doing. I seen some sweet 4th gens at TS that got me thinking.

Well my last truck was just leveled with 33's, and looked good but didn't stand out too much. I live in Columbus, IN so Cummins vehicles are everywhere. I wanted something to help me stand out some. I've only seen one other blue 4th gen around here and it was blue/gold 2 tone. The 4th gens really grew on me. I'm overall very happy with my new blank canvas:lolly:

anybody tried squeezing mild 35's on factory wheels without a leveling kit on the 4th Gens? if so, any rubbing?

I think you would be ok with 35's. I would think if they were going to rub anywhere it would be on the control arms. A lot of guys that are running a level with after market wheels and 35's aren't having any rubbing issues as long as you stay with a +18 offset wheel. My BMF's are a 0 offset and I have some rubbing on the plastic liner right at the bottom. I'm running a 2.5 inch level and 35x12.50 Toyo MT's. Nice truck btw. I wanted that color but just my luck, they quit making it in 11.

Thanks man, the color is becoming my favorite part! And it sounds like i'll need a leveling kit pronto

You'll need a clutch second you do a mini lol last couple I've done slipped outta the gate...

X2!! I just got done doing the basics for a buddys 08. Now, I ordered a valair dual disc to replace a slipping clutch.

Very nice. We just deleted my dad's '11 red G56 3:42 gear truck with an XRT Pro. Night and day difference. The 4th gens are a big improvement on the interior.

I was hoping to baby it and get a little life out of this clutch since it's a fairly young one. Oh well, gotta pay to play

I babied mine deleted for 40,000 miles. Ran it on hot everyday but I just learned when it would slip bad. I just put in a Kenny's street triple disk and would recommend one hands down over a dd.

Last edited: