so im about to light the dodge on fire.

andyb3500

95 12 valve
this past weekend i replaced balljoints and both wheelbearing and axle joints. pain in the ass if youve ever attempted this. but sadly to my dismay it still gets the death wobbles. whats next? the tie rod ends and all the steering seem to still be tight. the track bar is a little worn. what could cause it now.

Track bar, steering box, tires, steering damper, alignment, shocks.

i have a lift on the way tht has a 3rd gen style track bar and new mount its a 6 inch long arm lift with bilstein stabilizer and shocks its two weeks out and i also have crossover steering with heim joints and brand new 37s and twennies hopefully this will fix it.

Your not getting that stuff from thuren fabrications are you? Not a bash if you are they make awesome stuff.

i was gonna get the track bar from him, but his stuff is all on back order on th plus side the lift comes with one. its a new top gun lift they havent came out with it yet tht why im waiting two weeks for it to be completed. i am making my own x-over steering.

burn it:rockwoot:

J/K, I would deffinalty look the the linkage and bushings, if they have never been replaced they are probally worn out.

i sold my 03 cause of the death wobble, told myself i would never own another dodge 4x4. i did notice a difference when i put wider tires on it, it didnt do it nearly as much. Its always fun bouncing all over the road and cars beside you have to hit the ditches so they dont get smashed.

Personally walk away from the top gunz customz lifts... i have had nothing but problems with mine and so has my buddy. they take a competitors and copy everything but the quality and turn around an sell it.

I got a top gun lift for my 01 F350 and it was nice. I mean it was simply drop shackles and add a leafs but it was still top notch.

check the slop in the control arms, Its taken me custom arms by Titan machine/ dieseldork on Cforum. A good stabilizer, I went thoren Trac Bar but BD is better. T style steering conversion from the stock Y style, one unit bearing, BD brace, ball joints, Bilstein 5100s, maxx links,Borgeson box, borgeson shaft(required with box) and quality e rated tires, allong with serious 5+ castor settings to acheive decent steering. also check the rear end alignment by measuring from the front spring stud to the center of each block.

Good luck and hope u have deep pockets.

My new pet peave is someone trying to buy the truck for trade in value, and u try and explain how you have poured thousands into it and they don't get it.

Last edited:
track bar most likely. mine has never got wobbles, but it wanders all over hell. (i do have wide tires though...) about 2" of play in my steering because of the axle shifting side to side :hehe: I got a dt pro fab track bar, and a steering box brace on the way. why knows when the track bar will get here...aint even shipped yet, but the brace will be here tuesday!

check the slop in the control arms, Its taken me custom arms by Titan machine/ dieseldork on Cforum. A good stabilizer, I went thoren Trac Bar but BD is better. T style steering conversion from the stock Y style, one unit bearing, BD brace, ball joints, Bilstein 5100s, maxx links,Borgeson box, borgeson shaft(required with box) and quality e rated tires, allong with serious 5+ castor settings to acheive decent steering. also check the rear end alignment by measuring from the front spring stud to the center of each block.

Good luck and hope u have deep pockets.

My new pet peave is someone trying to buy the truck for trade in value, and u try and explain how you have poured thousands into it and they don't get it.

This is what i think it takes to get rid of the wobble. I have has been referred to its the shopping cart effect. The two tires are perfectly in line and they will fight each other. You need to go out of "spec" to get the right adjustment to solve the issue. Non of my trucks ever did this but i have been around quite a few that did. The basic stuff helps but the alingment is the most important and from what i have seen does the trick. I cant remember the details but im sure there are old threads on this with the info.

track bar most likely. mine has never got wobbles, but it wanders all over hell. (i do have wide tires though...) about 2" of play in my steering because of the axle shifting side to side :hehe: I got a dt pro fab track bar, and a steering box brace on the way. why knows when the track bar will get here...aint even shipped yet, but the brace will be here tuesday!

Had that track bar. Replaced the heim every 3 months. Switched to thurens track bar. 4 years with no issues.

Take it in for an alignment and have them crank in the caster 1-2 * past spec.

Malcolm

i just did a 3rd gen track bar on mine man what a difference that made. my steering wheel is straight across for the first time since i have owned the truck. i have had a lukes link and plain track bars but the 3rd gen with new bushings is far the best. i got mine from a junk yard fo 50 bucks and the kit from cummins performance parts it works great.