SO vp44 mods

brushpuller

Thinkin...
Id like to talk about mods to a stock SO vp44 pump, what can be done, what works and what doesn't. Other than going ppump:hehe: or buying an aftermarket one...

What are you going to do with it? A hot street truck is a different setup than a sled puller.

Id like to talk about mods to a stock SO vp44 pump, what can be done, what works and what doesn't. Other than going ppump:hehe: or buying an aftermarket one...

Are you asking what mods are done internally to the pump as in what is different with the HR, Monster, or DF compared to an SO?

Are you asking what mods are done internally to the pump as in what is different with the HR, Monster, or DF compared to an SO?

Yeah id like to talk about that to! But mostly was wondering if anyone is moding the stock vp44 pump...wether it's internal or external. I was told that some were drilling out the 6 fitting on the back of the pump were the lines screw on...that was a couple years ago

It would seem a straight thru inlet fitting would pass more fuel than the stock banjo but I don't really know if the VP would actually use the extra fuel. I didn't find any improvement other than a coupla extra psi. lift pump fuel pressure with the Big Line kit with all straight thru fittings.