So what do you guys think?

chrleb1

Charlie Brown
Well, finally got the truck on the road. I took it out in front of the shop just to drive it down the road. I took it down ,turned around (1/8th mile), and on the way back i give it some fuel to 10 psi when going in second. Right as that happens, it starts missing pretty bad.

So the truck has ran for about an hour through heat cycles and has gone through a re-torque already. It seems so wierd, almost like an injector is sticking or something. When i shut the truck off and go to restart it, it'll crank with a hard cylinder and knock on that cylinder then fire up. Any ideas? I am taking it apart in the morning, but i thought i would just ask. Maybe a push-rod got bent?

Yes!!! The S-shaped pushrod.... Those are special in some motors. It's kinda like the golden ticket.

That, i have not figured out yet... I have to do some more investigating.

Be careful, dont run it much until you find the cause of what bent the pushrod.

What did you have to modify to cram that S510 in there? get some videos of that sucker up on here..I bet that's an awesome combination

What did you have to modify to cram that S510 in there? get some videos of that sucker up on here..I bet that's an awesome combination

X2 On the video, but pictures would be acceptable.

When you installed everything you might not have tightened the jam nut enough on the valve adjuster thingy. I did that too and it happened exactly like you said. Got it home and when I had time I readjusted everythin and retightened all the nuts down and all has been well since!

Make SURE your pushrods are seated in the lifter properly. It will seem as though they are, but you acyually have to feel for the seat that the pushrod drops into.
Also like Muddin said check for loose adjuster nuts.

You should be able to tell by looking at the rocker arm and adjuster, to see if one of the pushrods isnt seated properly. The adjuster bolt will be higher than the others.

I think the cross hat wasn't setting right. I made sure they were all in the tappet. When you drop them in and lift them back up a little, you can feel the tappet trying to come up from the suction of the ball and socket.

LOL, it is a crazy tight fit. The S510 wasn't the hard part, adding the extra intercooler is what made things really crazy. I'll post some pics and a vid after i get everything ironed out.

The cool thing I forgot to mention was that my pushrod popped out and was ran like that for 10miles but was perfectly straight when I pulled it out to fix...