SoCal Newbie

Finch

hi guys, i have a 04 Cummins 2500 4x4, currrently putting out 463 rwhp. she runs in the mid 8's in the 1/8, tunner says i run a 13.9 at 127.i have been into diesel now for about 6 years now(22 now). im really looking forward to meeting you guys and share some advise on some biger numbers. Thanks for the great site!:rockwoot:

Where in SoCal?? I'm 42 and been into diesels for a yr now....killer power and still driveable.........

hi guys, i have a 04 Cummins 2500 4x4, currrently putting out 463 rwhp. she runs in the mid 8's in the 1/8, tunner says i run a 13.9 at 127.i have been into diesel now for about 6 years now(22 now). im really looking forward to meeting you guys and share some advise on some biger numbers. Thanks for the great site!:rockwoot:

im sorry for the stupid question, but did you say 13.9@127 ?

i went and double checked, time is correct, speed is not (tire size was programed wrong)

welcome we need to get som so.cal events like they have back east out here.

Sorry to butt in on this thread, brpowr is that irwindale I see on your avitar??

I'll be going soon as I buy and install a few more items..

Im talking like a TS outlaw event or something to that effect. You know like a dyno day,drag racing,or a sledpull with the 2wd/4wd option

wheres everyone from in so.cal

Who'd be interested in racing on the 1/8th?? Irwindale Speedway charges $3000-$4000 for a day on wknds and only can admit 20-24 vehicles, the 25th vehicle is considered an event and would boost up the cost considerably.

Yes, it's a chunk of denero but have the whole track to ourselves. I could find out when I go in May, what the track manager would actually charge. On that day is when I'm going to a track rental and it'd be alot easier to pin the manager down on costs.

Is there only certain nights that we can be on the track with the trucks ?

Is there only certain nights that we can be on the track with the trucks ?

Every Thurs.night is TNT (test n tune) where you can run anything as long as it'll pass tech. (safety). You'll be asked to fill out a tech card and what mods.-hp- how fast you think it is (always kinda low ball it so they don't really tech you as hard) <<(I didn't state that,lol ). I think anything slower than 8.50's, you don't need a helmet (snell 2000 or better), but say you run 8.40's, next run and you'll need a helmet.

It's $20 ( person/vehicle) to run and $10 for spectators. Depending how many show, depends on how many runs you get in. I usually get 3-4 in with 1/2 hr. cool downs with my car.

If you need more info. on tech, just ask.........I have a rule book (nhra). I'm liscenced to run up to 8.50's in the 1/4.

What are they looking for in the tech inspection. And where in So.Cal is everyone from.

I'm in Riverside, CA right now, I'd be interested in meeting up!

Back