soften 06 dually suspension

jimmeffer

Has anyone removed the large leaf spring on a dually for traction and ride purposes?

I may be wrong here, but if you make the suspension softer, then won't you gain more leaf spring wrap(traction loss, unless you're talking about off-roading traction). Also I've always heard of people removing the helper leafs, never the big one.

Check out Kore Racing rear suspension. I put this on the rear of my 05 dually. Still handles the trailer fine. I think it took some of the roughness out of it.

My 07.5 is has carli 3" front springs and thuren mini packs in the rear. Best riding dually I have but I have to rely on the airbags a lot when hooked to a heavy trailer

I may be wrong here, but if you make the suspension softer, then won't you gain more leaf spring wrap(traction loss, unless you're talking about off-roading traction). Also I've always heard of people removing the helper leafs, never the big one.

That depends on the spring design and what type compression or tension.
Removing the large helper usually only comes into play when the weight is great enough for it to come into contact with the rest of the spring pack and become a help, otherwise most times its just there.

You can do other things to keep the wrap down by clamping the front section of spring in 2 places, or adding a ladder style bar.

My 95 has all but the two long springs removed and some home made cal tracs. Rides ten times better. Still dialing in the traction.