solid suspenion

Dazed&Confused

Surfing my own world
Anyone care to share some pics of there solid rear suspension setups? Searched but didn't come up with much. Like to see some different setups.

Ill get some up of mine when i get it closer to done andy.. Hopefully by the end of the week. :evil

Lynn

Just sold my pulling truck today and had to change the rear suspension to a solid setup and forgot the camera after I got over where the guy picked it up!!! Simple is usually the best way to go with it.

I figured this would get allot of response. I pretty much know how I'm going to do mine just wanted to see some different designs.

I would but my dang photobucket is over the limit...PM me your email and I will send you some...

It looks like it. I may need to borrow some ideas when I do mine if you dont mind.

Lets see if this works since its my first time posting a picture on here. Tubing is 1 1/2" square tube and 1/8" wall.

Pictures0118.jpg

Lets see if this works since its my first time posting a picture on here. Tubing is 1 1/2" square tube and 1/8" wall.

Pictures0118.jpg

Looks nice. Light and simple. No need for 500lbs of steel under the back of the truck. Can't believe that you guys can run the adjuster for the hitch above the center line of the rear axle!

Last edited:
since were on the topic of blocked suspension. Does anyone have an idea what would cause my truck to bounce when i block the suspension. It doesn't bounce any other time. i took a piece of 1/8 steel and welded a piece of box tubing to it about 2 inches long and then welded a 3/4 nut inside of it so you can put a bolt in it and then back the bolt down against the bump stop on the axle. the box tubing bolts in place of the rubber bump stops.

Looks nice. Light and simple. No need for 500lbs of steel under the back of the truck. Can't believe that you guys can run the adjuster for the hitch above the center line of the rear axle!

Thanks. I shaved off over 300 lbs of steel from the previous owner. Everthing was a minimum of 2 1/2" tubing and was 1/4" wall. There was even two pieces of steel that came off the factory axle bump stops that were 6" long X 3.25" square that was solid steel....lol. Evidentally steel was cheap. In our Heartland class we can run anything and in the NTPA Super Stock class the hitch can not be any steeper than 25 degrees, if I remember right.

Back