solid traction bars or floating ones for 10.5" of lift

4xtim

My truck is a 06 superduty crewcab shortbox. Running a Rize Industries lift at 10.5" and 38" tires. I need traction/ladder bars bad!!! (8" lift leaf springs and 4.75" blocks.) Should I make some solid bars like Jesse's Farmboy Fabrication bars but skeptical of hindering suspension movement on the road with this amount of lift. Or, I can make some floating ones like the Rize Industries and Fabtech ones. What should I do??? If I do the solid bars I will probably use Johnny Joints.

Definitely do floating ones! If I were you I'd use bushings on the axle end, just regular ballistic fab or equivalent weld on bushings, and on the frame end use a 1.25x12tpi tubing adapter with Johnny joints or regular 1.25x12tpi rod end. Solid traction bars work best if you can mount them almost level, and with a 10.5 inch lift your not going to be able to do that.

Yeah I hear you. I can understand that the single solid bars would work with a truck that is stock hight to 4" of lift. Thats what I would go with myself but my truck is too tall. There are some guys out there running 8"-12" with the Farmboy Fabrication bars and say they wouldnt run anything else. Just want to do it right the first time.

I have solid bars on the truck in my avatar and it rides ok but I built hangars that drop the front end of the bars down about 8". My total lift is close to yours at 10". The only reason I didn't do floating bars just because I don't like the look of them.

Back