Some questions about compounds hX35w and gt4294

Machwon169

I just traded a roller Truck for a set of twins.... they are a HX35w and a GT4294... my truck is a nv4500... my questions are as stated... I have the p7100 215HP pump 913

1. He said they sucked for towing lost all his boost when he shifted.. he was running a VP pump truck though... does anyone see that as a problem with my p pump?

2. Should I upgrade injectors to 5x.012 or 5x.014... it’s going to be a daily driven 1979 ford crew cab... some towing but nothing over 10k....

3. As far as fuel plate, afc, etc go.... I was thinking throw away the fuel plate, move AFC all the way foreward and play with the smoke screw and star wheel...or will this result in high Egts I also have a 3k gsk kit.

4. How do I control boost on a compound setup? Just set my hx35 wastegate to 20-25lbs and should net me 50ish total? Or is that completely wrong?

5. This is my first attempt at compounds and a diesel at that I built a couple single turbo cars but really not sure about the whole wastegate setup or where to put boost guages On a compound setup....

I don't know the exact specs on that turbo, but I daily drove an hx35 over a 475/96/1.32 and it did about awesome towing for me. I later added a banks 14cm housing and drilled out the divider and it was even better after that. Maybe 450hp, towed strong.

Back