someone with a ppe cp3 kit, need idler pulley size please!

prochargeddart

so im installing a dual cp3 kit that didn't come with a replacement idler pulley. could someone measure up theres, just a basic OD of it, then i can hopefully find one at the local auto parts store or somethin.. rather not have my truck apart waitin for one to come from who knows where, theres gotta be an additionl application for it somewhere. thanks.

so im installing a dual cp3 kit that didn't come with a replacement idler pulley. could someone measure up theres, just a basic OD of it, then i can hopefully find one at the local auto parts store or somethin.. rather not have my truck apart waitin for one to come from who knows where, theres gotta be an additionl application for it somewhere. thanks.

sent you a PM... no need to change the pulley

its not that i just am having a hard time squeezing the ppe belt over everything, i still have the larger factory idler, 4" or something.. i dont think it'd clear the rad hose even. wont i at least need something smaller for that reason?

The PPE dual CP3 kit we installed on an 04.5 in the April '10 issue of Diesel World included an idler pulley, but I don't have the size... Call PPE and they should be able to get the size to you, as well as a new idler pulley... There number is 714.985.4825 hope this helps

thanks much! i was plannin on phonin them, but there not open for a bit yet today, not to mention i didnt really want my truck to sit on the driveway apart for a week. i hadda remove my fricken fan pulley and actually remove my tensioner to get my belt on with my fluidampr.. hopin i can find a pulley suitable at the local parts store and use the 136" belt i have squeezed past the balancer so far, same one that came with the kit

thanks much! i was plannin on phonin them, but there not open for a bit yet today, not to mention i didnt really want my truck to sit on the driveway apart for a week. i hadda remove my fricken fan pulley and actually remove my tensioner to get my belt on with my fluidampr.. hopin i can find a pulley suitable at the local parts store and use the 136" belt i have squeezed past the balancer so far, same one that came with the kit

for next time when u change belts get u a engine turing tool and have someone rotate the engine while u feed the belt between the crank and fan pulley i have the part # for my belt at the house i can give u the part # too when i get home and when u put the belt on wait till last have someone pull the tensiner and slide the belt on the water pump pulley last it will make it a bit easier for ya

thanks, that number would be nice. i'll definitely give that method a shot next. them little 5/16 bolts are gettin beat up takin that fan pulley off.. not fun.

i just came from the parts shop, ordered a pulley with an ID of 17mm which is the same as the factory one, and a 74mm OD which is 2.9" . not cheap tho, 81 bucks.. but that might work out good, use the factory spacer, bolt right on, and might even be able to use the 136" belt now without much trouble. we'll see this afternoon, be here in 3 hours.

oh ya, its a 6 rib, does that matter?

just kiddin

my PPE kit didn't come with a pulley ( still have my stocker installed ) and yes, their belt is way too tight. They don't think so but, I replaced mine with the part number I gave you ( same size as ATS's larger belt ) and the belt fits easily now.

hm, ok, well i should be able to figure something out then today yet. doesn't touch the rad hose just above the idler pulley? thanks for the info guys, 'appreciate it.

my PPE kit didn't come with a pulley ( still have my stocker installed ) and yes, their belt is way too tight. They don't think so but, I replaced mine with the part number I gave you ( same size as ATS's larger belt ) and the belt fits easily now.

my PPE kit came with a smaller pulley must be some changes in kits over the years lol

my PPE kit came with a smaller pulley must be some changes in kits over the years lol

Yeah, I think I got one of their first Dodge kits working on 4 years ago.

They have since replaced a few things for me at no charge. I got a new bracket and radiator hard pipe. Anyone who has their older top pump bracket should keep a close eye on it. The brackets have been cracking. They changed the design a little and welded on a support in hopes of preventing that. You have to send yours in and they'll replace it with a new version.

Also, the hard line going to the rail from the top pump has been rubbing on the bracket causing fuel line leaks. Everyone should take a close look at that also.... it's right where the pipe starts to 90 towards the rail.

well that idler pulley worked. 2.9" od. belt was very hard to get on still, but i managed to squeak it on without using screw drivers or anything, so im guessing its ok. it had the same ID as the factory one, so the spacer worked, but the bearing was twice as wide, so i had to trim 1/4" or so off the factory spacer to line up the pulleys again. and i hadda use a regular washer next to the bolt, instead of that black peice of tin from factory.

boy i love the pump. drives better, smoother power, rail pressure when i need it! love it. just gotta figure out what to do about rad hoses.. i just cut mine, and shoved it on butt theres gotta be something different you guys are using.. something thats a 45, 2 different size ends. any part numbers?

Were you installing a used kit or something, that it didn't come with the idler pulley and the rad hoses??? Those items came in the kit for the one we installed for the article, and it was purchased retail, not something special for the mag...

ya, it was a used kit. don't mind having to do a few things i guess, especially getting a perfectly working kit for a decent price, anybody else use a 'custom' hose? thanks

I guess PPE needed to justify the cost of their kit and added a few more items. My kit didn't have hoses or the pulley. You were expected to cut the stock hose which I did and it worked fine. I too would rather have a more custom fitted hose and looked high and low for something to work. The problem is, the radiator is 2" and PPE's pipe is 1.75". Finding a hose like that 10" long, I couldn't do.

The good news for some anyway is, Mr. Bob's hose is in the process of making custom fit hoses for dual pump kits. The only problem for some may be, you'll have to buy his whole hose kit to get them as he doesn't sell individual parts. As far as I know, these are the only custom made hoses for those locations.

In the current kits, PPE is supplying two cut sections of hose, that I think are cut off from some particular hose that they discovered will fit their application. The hose from the radiator to the PPE metal tube was very tight...