sorry for the delay at the drag races

Redneck6.0L

For everyone at the drag races. We are sorry for the long delay while the weather was co operating. We are the guys that had the crash with the white Ford. Not sure what happened. But looks like we lost a frost plug, dumped water and Ben did a great job trying to somewhat control it so he didn't hit the wall straight on. Like I said guys we are sorry for slowing the show down. Ben Gollon is alright. A lil stiff but is ok. Let this be a lesson to you young guys trying to race and break the rules or side step the rules on safety gear. It was the cage,5 point harness seat belt that kept Ben safe.

Thank you very much Dennis and TS performance for putting on a great event. Dennis was one of the first guys down there to make sure Ben was alright. Thank you everyone that helped get the Ford off the track. Hopefully next year we can come back stronger.

Great event, met a lot of great people. Like always had fun.

For everyone at the drag races. We are sorry for the long delay while the weather was co operating. We are the guys that had the crash with the white Ford. Not sure what happened. But looks like we lost a frost plug, dumped water and Ben did a great job trying to somewhat control it so he didn't hit the wall straight on. Like I said guys we are sorry for slowing the show down. Ben Gollon is alright. A lil stiff but is ok. Let this be a lesson to you young guys trying to race and break the rules or side step the rules on safety gear. It was the cage,5 point harness seat belt that kept Ben safe.

Thank you very much Dennis and TS performance for putting on a great event. Dennis was one of the first guys down there to make sure Ben was alright. Thank you everyone that helped get the Ford off the track. Hopefully next year we can come back stronger.

Great event, met a lot of great people. Like always had fun.

No need to apologize things happen, good to hear Bens alright. Thanks Steve B.

If anyone has video of the burnout, launch and crash. Pleas epost video up. We don't have any and would like to see it now that its all over. Thanks again

Shawn

Sorry for your problems!!

I'm glad nobody was hurt!! The truck can be fixed and better than new. It was nice talking with you guys. It's always nice to put faces with names. I hope everything goes well going back together. If I can help in anyway let me know. Thanks Jeff

Glad driver was ok, made my butthole pucker thats for sure as i watched jarid do nearly same last year

I've got a few pics I will upload of the truck a few seconds after it happened. I was right outside the fence across from where he hit the wall. Glad to hear he is alright, I couldnt believe how fast he got out of that truck though.

I have one of the impact I will try and get up in a bit....you can see the rear wheel off the ground when it hit. I was standing back at the starting line, so the picture looks like it's through a snowstorm with all the smoke, but you can still see what's going on. Sorry about the truck Ben, but glad you're ok, could have been a lot worse, you scrubbed off a lot of speed before hitting the wall.

Hey no need to apologize! Glad to hear Ben is ok and everything! Trucks can be replaced, this shows how dangerous this sport can be sometimes. Hope to see yea back next year!!

Things like this happen, so no need to apologize. I told my son I was glad he waited at the line to try and spool it a little harder, cause there might have been two trucks hit the wall instead of just one.

I don't think anyone could be mad at anyone involved Shawn....it was out of anyone's hands. Nobody was saving that one.
It may have lost a freeze plug but this pic shows another part of the equation...that's a LOT of water coming out of that radiator.
TS162.jpg

Last edited:
Ben just called. Tore into it abit. Front left bottom corner of the rad seperated. Where the plastic cap mounts to the rad part and in the pic that's exactly where the water came from. I think he's goin 4x4 now cause the white truck's frame is done. Bent and twisted to bad to try and repair

That was a slick little truck. I figured the frame wasn't salvagable. Glad he is ok.

Last edited: