sorry for the delay at the drag races

Damn! Glad he's OK... truck not so lucky. I watched Gary Ray's wreck in Florida and seeing these guys walk away with just bumps and bruises speaks volumes for the safety equipment in these trucks.

Just glad everyone is okay. I almost pooped and I was just sitting in the golf cart watching can't imagine being behind the wheel. Thanks, Sean

Sean, it was great seeing ya again out there. I can't believe that happened right behind me. My gut sank when I saw the ambulance going down the track. No need for apalogies of any sort, we were all thankful to see Ben was alright and that's all that mattered!

Like others have said, I'm just happy Ben was able to walk away, no need to apologize!

For everyone at the drag races. We are sorry for the long delay while the weather was co operating. We are the guys that had the crash with the white Ford. Not sure what happened. But looks like we lost a frost plug, dumped water and Ben did a great job trying to somewhat control it so he didn't hit the wall straight on. Like I said guys we are sorry for slowing the show down. Ben Gollon is alright. A lil stiff but is ok. Let this be a lesson to you young guys trying to race and break the rules or side step the rules on safety gear. It was the cage,5 point harness seat belt that kept Ben safe.

Thank you very much Dennis and TS performance for putting on a great event. Dennis was one of the first guys down there to make sure Ben was alright. Thank you everyone that helped get the Ford off the track. Hopefully next year we can come back stronger.

Great event, met a lot of great people. Like always had fun.

Wow thats great to hear the driver is ok! I was talking to someone and saw the Chevy go down the track and thought it was strange no one was racing him. Then I heard the tire screech and looked over for the impact.

Is it rebuilable? Frame damage? I saw the truck geting loaded and saw the control arms bent.

Is it something with the reg cab sb trucks wrecking? Like to light or to short? thats the second reg cab sb drag truck I ever saw wreck.

On PSN the owner is saying the frame is smoked. He's looking at a 4WD chassis to put the drivetrain in.

I was exctied to meet Ben up @ GLD and run or trucks together. That ass end swung out so far, so fast he had no choice but to let off and hit the brakes.

On I65 in the green Dodge my driver almost lost it as we passed Ben's truck and trailor and then noticed a gear bag in our lane on I65, another close call that weekend.

Last edited:
One of the best....

TS119.jpg

Everybody was okay, and you and the Dmax in that round put on a good show! Sorry you crashed such a nice ride.

Man I was glad that the ambulance was not used to take some one off. One hell of a job of driving by Ben, it could have been much worse.

DSCF1728.jpg

I'd put my camera down by my waist after he left the line and was watching. When I saw the truck go sideways I just started snapping pictures without even taking the time to put the camera back up to my eye, because by then I knew it would be too late to get the shot. Turned out to get a pic of the moment the truck hit the wall. The hood flew up and the back tire was off the ground so you can see it was a pretty hard hit. Glad you're allright Ben, and congrats on having some top notch saftey stuff.

Jason

1105dp_05+ts_performance_outlaw_drags_2011+web_extras.jpg