south bend clutch, towing ?

Fox_91

Stihl Slinger
which clutch from south bend will be the best for towing, and everyday driving? and some horsin' around on the weekends?

Fox;

I use a SBC 3250 D/D, for towing the load you see in my avatar. It works very well:rockwoot:. It can be a little jumpy backing at times or when douing a really slow pull out, but I simply use low gear and it is always just exactly what I need clutch wise:woohoo:. PM me if you have any questions.

Best Regards

Eric

That's the clutch I'm gettin ready to put in my truck Red dodge. How do you like it for towin and showin your ass every now and then LOL?

thanks for the replies, any more opionons, i tow some, drive a lot, and try and show off some.

i am thinking the 2350, or the 3600, wat does it take to get an hydraulic upgrade? i see some of them need that.

I have the hydralic upgrade on my 01 with stock clutch and like it alot. I think it is worth it by itself.

Figure out about where you are at power wise, call the good folks at Southbend and go with their recommendations, just be honest with what you will do to the truck and they will do the same. When I called I told Peter that I wanted a clutch to drag race, sledpull, tow, DD and just generally abuse, he laughed and started asking questions about where I wanted to be with the truck power wise. Once that was discussed he named off a clutch. Installed the 12CB 3600 this week, we'll just have to see how it goes, but so far I really like it.

I used to tow and plow snow with my SB 3850 DD. All I have to say is that the heavy pedal will get to you after a while. Other than that its a great clutch. If you are leaning more toward the every day driver I would suggest the lighter pressure plate.

I have a Con ofe in my DD / tow rig . Like others have said call Peter .

I had a con OFE,it frickin sucked,grabby,and the center springs broke.
I did not even get it broke in...that said.
I think it would rock for messing around on the weekends.

I like my Valair Full Ceramic. Little grabby but I don't tow every often.

I had a con OFE,it frickin sucked,grabby,and the center springs broke.
I did not even get it broke in...that said.
I think it would rock for messing around on the weekends.

The OFE I just pulled out of my truck had about 100k on it, no telling how many of those miles towing a rather large 5th wheel camper. I removed it for the same reason you did, center section went bye bye :( Hated backing into a spot with it though, grabby in reverse is a bit of an understatement LOL Other than that I loved it, held all the abuse I could throw at it.

im getting the 3600 DD, do i NEED the hydaulic upgrade?

In a word, yes, the pedal you will get with the upgraded hydraulics is worth it on it's on. Two weeks ago I put a 12CB 3600 in my truck along with the upgraded hydraulics, it has an easier pedal now than it did with the OFE that was in it before and is really pleasant to drive. My only complaint is that when backing a trailer it's still a bit grabby, not nearly as bad as the OFE was, but noticeable.