south bend clutch, towing ?

i have a haisly puller clutch in it now, man that thing is grabby as heck! i dont know if i have hyd upgrades or not, the kid that i bought the truck off of kinda didnt tell me a lot of stuff about the truck.

i use a SBC 3850 DD.

me too

pedal is pretty heavy - i am 6'2" 200# and used to water ski race

still say pedal is 'pretty' heavy so i dont know if some of you would like it

it is one hell of a clutch tho

we had to modify the slave push rod to get it to fully disengage

cuz you have to remove the washer behind the pivot ball for clearance which causes you to lose travel

one hell of a clutch

don

I put a 12CB 3600 in my truck along with the upgraded hydraulics

1) it has an easier pedal now than it did with the OFE

2) My only complaint is that when backing a trailer it's still a bit grabby

1) really? wonder why my 3850 feels so stiff then?

2) really? so far no jerky problems what so ever with mine. what discs did you choose?

1) really? wonder why my 3850 feels so stiff then?

2) really? so far no jerky problems what so ever with mine. what discs did you choose?

1. If you had to play with the linkages and pull some of the leverage out that would do it.

2. I have no clue, I just told Peter I wanted a good "Do everything from drag race to drag a sled clutch" that would take abuse and the max power I plan to get out of the truck. He said this one would do it so I said send it on. IIRC though it should be a ceramic type material, it was not the Feramic or organic.

no it doesnt have the hydraulic upgrades, i told you it needed it. my flatbed has a S>B dual disk and i hate it. go call haisleys sam and get the street puller clutch and convert your puller!!! way cheaper and easier. Patty will set you up with everything you need and they know the trucks history!

its got the Slipper disk set up in it. set at 4000 pounds i think. very easy and smooth ingaging clutch. any dual disk you have in it worth a crap is goignt o be grabby, thats their nature. the dual puller is just not as easy to slip thru gears over 2000 rpm vs a little different set up of disks that dont fully lock up.

PS guys it my old truck!