Spool speed of compounds.?

toms73novass

I was going to be doing a HE351 - S475 setup and I was wondering if the spool up would be faster than the HE351 alone?

He351 over 475 should run great on the street.

My He351 over HT4B(83mm) spools up fast enough to blow off the tires midway through first gear in my 95' 2wd. It's a little slower than the He351 by itself but not much. Now if your definition of spool-up means full-power/full-boost, that takes a while, about the top of 2nd gear.

This is about the same as my 98' daily driver with stock HX35. My 98' only makes about 350 HP and since it's a heavy 4x4, it takes a little more boost/horsepower to blow off the rear tires.

What I ment by spool is the lower rpm spool time. basically just wanted to make sure that the dd part of the power is not hampered, just improved. :)

Twins are great for a daily driving, in fact, the power delivery is smoother and they pull harder and harder longer you keep your foot in it. Smoke control is easier with twins as well. The only downside is oil changes because you'll likely have to remove a pipe or two to easily access the oil filter.

If you think that's set spools fast try a gt4202 1.15wg under a he351. Nice quick and clean driveability.

I'm thinking about a s478 with my 351... supposedly they spool as fast as the 475, but move more air.