Sport Conversion

12Vcummins95

Okay so I'm thinking about converting my truck to a sport. Obviously I'm going to need the sport bumper and grille. I know lots of guys have done this same thing, so I just wanted to know everything else i was going to need??

-Sport Bumper front & rear
-Sport Grill
-Sport Headlights
-Bumper brackets for the front ( sport and non-sport are different )

That should be about all you need

Make sure you get the brackets for the bumper. You dont really need the grill unless you want the sport grill. To do the complete conversion you should change over to the sport head lights also. But that is minor.

Make sure you get the brackets for the bumper. You dont really need the grill unless you want the sport grill. To do the complete conversion you should change over to the sport head lights also. But that is minor.

If you dont mind like a 2" gap between the grille and bumper in the middle part :bang

You need the rod for the hood latch too!! Good luck :Cheer:

okay so i have the sport bumper and grille. where can i find the sport bumper brackets? and i dont have to have the sport head lights do i?

What year sport? 99-02 had the 1pc bumper covers, 98 and down had the painted chrome.

The 99-02 brackets are $1100 through dodge (8pieces). Junkyards want between $200 and $600. The fog lamps are diferent, wires will need to be lengthend for the sport. The grille support bracket is different between the sport and non sport, latch release is different also.

If you swap to sport headlamps in a 98 and earlier truck the holes behind the lamps will need enlarged to clear the 2nd bulb.

The 99-02 brackets are $1100 through dodge (8pieces). .

Where'd you get that number? I had about 700 bucks into my entire sport conversion :umno:

you'll need the main support, the two that mount back to the frame, the one that goes across underneath, the 2 on the right and left side of the main support. There's a couple more that you don't really need but you can get if you want. You'll be drilling for bumper support holes on the frame, and you'll be drilling 2 holes in the front of the hood for the grill. Also don't forget the longer hood release rod.

Anyone try the parts out of LMC Truck yet? They have all the parts for both fronts.

i have done something like this to my 99 dodge i just went to the body shop and got the paintable bumper both bumper pads and a paintable grille it can be done with a lot less spendin than buyin the original sport bumpers and grille hood latch and all that stuff, you can buy projection headlights from any automotive store....

Attachments

• l_1583ce55b437a42f3bf733236554e440.jpg
    l_1583ce55b437a42f3bf733236554e440.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 91
I bought some of the stuff for mine from LMC. If I were to do it again I would just go ahead and get it all from LMC, but the bumper cover and grill. I would have saved a lot of headaches...

Rick

i'm looking at lmc, and i dont see the brackets specific to the sport. are they in the magazine or online? or will i have to call

Good god... Guess I'm just a lucky bastard... I got my complete sport bumper for $50, drilled a hole in each bumper bracket to work with my frame and bolted that bad boy in. My truck didn't have fog lights from the factory so I'm trying to figure out how to wire them in, kinda thinkin a relay that runs off the low beam circuit.

i would get the delay that you can run your brights and your low beams at the same time and try to figure out a way to run them in with that

Good god... Guess I'm just a lucky bastard... I got my complete sport bumper for $50, drilled a hole in each bumper bracket to work with my frame and bolted that bad boy in. My truck didn't have fog lights from the factory so I'm trying to figure out how to wire them in, kinda thinkin a relay that runs off the low beam circuit.

This was pretty much my experience also. Only difference I can think of was that the newer brackets were longer than my '95's and there's something keeping them from going all the way into the frame, so I cut about 1/2" off the newer brackets to get the bumper to line up with the fenders to my satisfaction.

I wired the lights with a relay but I also used a 3-way switch in the cab to switch from on with the high beams only, off, or on when the ignition switch is on. That way I can run them with no lights on but them, with the running lights only, with all the lights on, where they will not come on at all, or where they are only on with the high beams.

Scott

good luck on the swap! I drove 8 hrs one way to get a bumper/grille but its worth it!!

i have done something like this to my 99 dodge i just went to the body shop and got the paintable bumper both bumper pads and a paintable grille it can be done with a lot less spendin than buyin the original sport bumpers and grille hood latch and all that stuff, you can buy projection headlights from any automotive store....

That is one sharp truck you have there!

sport front end

i just ordered all my parts from the dealer recently and total parts and hardware was $1175.36 here is the p/n that i ordered.

fascia primed w/ tow hook cutouts 05016301aa
bumper beam 55077011ab
fascia strip 55077012ab
bumper bracket right 55077014ab
" " left 55077015ab
fascia support 55077019ab
frame bracket right 55077022ab
" " left 55077023ab
lower fascia panel 55076970ac
bumper cover right 55076972ac
" " left 55076973ac
paintable grill Qr33zbjae

hardware was about $100 for 73 fastners nuts bolts screws clips rivets pins u-nuts washers. i had to go to the hardware store and buy 2 nuts and 10 m8 bolts and reuse the old oem frame to bracket captured bolt and nuts

hope this helps the guys wanting to make the change over to the sport.