Sport Conversion

Good god... Guess I'm just a lucky bastard... I got my complete sport bumper for $50, drilled a hole in each bumper bracket to work with my frame and bolted that bad boy in. My truck didn't have fog lights from the factory so I'm trying to figure out how to wire them in, kinda thinkin a relay that runs off the low beam circuit.

Hey i got even a better deal.I picked my sport bumper up for $30 and i got a tail gate as well

What year sport? 99-02 had the 1pc bumper covers, 98 and down had the painted chrome.

The 99-02 brackets are $1100 through dodge (8pieces). Junkyards want between $200 and $600. The fog lamps are diferent, wires will need to be lengthend for the sport. The grille support bracket is different between the sport and non sport, latch release is different also.

If you swap to sport headlamps in a 98 and earlier truck the holes behind the lamps will need enlarged to clear the 2nd bulb.

If im getting this right 99-02 with the 1pc covers use a support system (for lack of better words). And the 99 and down use a metal bumper like the non-sport but painted. Correct?

So can I use the 99 and up sport stuff on my 94'? Will I fit?

I am putting a sport bumper on my 94. I just need to order the brackets to bolt it on to the truck and get off my duff to do it before it is really cold.

If you look at the LMC catalog ( www.lmctruck.com ) they show the parts in a sport bumper. There are quite a few.

Back